INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC can finally work with Airport Express  (Read 1838 times)

PK_NYC

• Recent member
MC can finally work with Airport Express
« on: May 12, 2006, 03:56:35 pm »

Some of you have probably already seen this, but I just ran across it so I thought I'd post it here, in case anyone is interested. Rogue Ameba just released a beta of a Windows version of their Airfoil application which allows you to stream any audio to an Airport Express. I haven't tried it yet (still at work), but this should in theory allow us to to stream music from MC directly to Airport Express without having to use iTunes. I've been waiting to be able to do this, since streaming to AX is the only thing for which I use iTunes and I would love not to have to maintain two libraries just for that one task.

Anyway, for those interested, here is the link:
http://www.rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/windows/

Cheers,
Pedja

kiwi

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Don't worry, be happy...
Re: MC can finally work with Airport Express
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 06:27:31 pm »

Very cool.

I wonder how good the audio quality is.

Is it the equiv of a wav file that gets passed through it? or is it compressed and then decompressed at the other end?

-kiwi

yap

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 04:40:36 pm »

do you know if you can stream to more than one Airport express from the same PC?? I am thinking of doing multizone system.

JONCAT

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 10:00:50 am »

If anyone can report on audio quality please do; with MAC or PC.

thanks
DC

JONCAT

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 12:21:59 pm »

I set up the living room sound system.

Using the laptop with the shared database function I have a Klipsch 2.1 system connected to an Airport Express. Airfoil grabs the audio from MC12 and sends it to the airport.

Everything sounds really good, no drop outs but I haven;t really tested HEAVY traffic on the rouuter yet, but so far so good.

I want to see if I can have airfoil grab different zones that MC is playing. I like that the airport extends my network so I may add another one in the bedroom and try the same thing, possibly synchronizing all three zones. There is however a delay with the laptop, maybe because of the networked files. MC shows as playing and the audio has a delay of sometimes 5 seconds...?

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up