INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Complex View Filtering Help  (Read 906 times)

morello

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Complex View Filtering Help
« on: May 14, 2006, 06:20:09 pm »

I can't seem to figure out if it's possible to make the view display my library, which consists of flac and mp3, filtered the following way:

Basically if there's a FLAC and a MP3 of the same filename, only display the flac and disregard the mp3.

Sorry if this kind of thing has been asked before, I have no clue what keywords to use to search for this.  Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

morello

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Complex View Filtering Help
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 07:31:59 am »

bump in hopes for an answer one way or the other... (and I have purchased this program twice in it's lifespan, so maybe that counts for something too?).

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 08:08:09 am »

you can't do it.
at least, not without a fair bit of extra work.

Extra work would involve creating a custom library field to flag the dupes to hide or show
Listing the dupes, going through them all manually, tagging accordingly.
Tweaking your viewschemes to show/hide files using rules based around your custom field
Creating a viewscheme (group?) that lives outside those rules so that you can still view all files if you need to.

If you're still interested, I don't mind helping you, but to be honest, I can't help the feeling that seperate libraries, virtual handheld or some such would be a better option for you.

If you go into more detail as to why/how you have the dupes, you'll receive better advice.
-marko

morello

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 08:48:18 am »

I have the dupes because I rip my CDs to flac for listening on my computer, and the mp3s are for the ipod/car.

The seperate library idea will work for me I believe, I hadn't thought about that, thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up