INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ID3V2 Tags: Media Center vs. Windows Mobile Media Player  (Read 1398 times)

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
ID3V2 Tags: Media Center vs. Windows Mobile Media Player
« on: May 14, 2006, 02:08:10 pm »

I LOVE Media Center. I LOVE my Pocket PC (Windows Mobile 5) based smartphone. Media Center easily let's me sync songs to the storage card of my Pocket PC... BUT:

1. To compensate for the fact that Windows Mobile Media Player 10 does not show BPM, I need to re-write the track name to be "[BPM] - [Name]" as part of the sync. Is there a way to do that???

2. The Ratings tag in Media Center does not correspond to the ratings tag in Windows Media Player 10 (regular or Mobile versions). How can I edit the Windows Media Player Ratings tag to be the same as the Media Center Ratings tag???

3. Is there a way to transfer my Media Center playlists to Windows Media Player playlists? Not the songs contained in the playlists, but the playlists themselves... order matters!

Thanks so much! There's been so much attention on the ipods so far, I hope you don't forget about the people like me that want a single convergence device... Pocket PC based smartphone, with media player, video camera, etc... (Audiovox xv6700).

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: ID3V2 Tags: Media Center vs. Windows Mobile Media Player
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 07:29:55 am »

I would love to get any more info on using my smartphone (Cingular 2125) with MC better also.  I hate having to use WMP on the smartphone. Right now I'm using two libraries with two different folder locations, one with my normal stuff and the other with converted smaller WMA files for transferring to the phone. I'm not sure if that's the best way or not but so far it seems to have worked.

So yes, I agree there's been lots of iPod talk but as far as I'm concerned I have a 1GB MP3 player in my phone.  ;)
Jeff

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 08:10:53 am »

Phones are next.

If they mount as a removeable disk, you may be able to get it working now.  Try MC's Tools/Options/Handhelds/Add Device.

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 07:00:49 pm »

Hi Jim,
Thanks for replying. Yep, both the built in memory and the 2GB mini SD card show up from within MC, and I can sync to each of those locations... that was just a speed bump that I was able to get over myself.

I think my insurmountable issues are more about incompatibility of tags between MC and WMP.

I love how when I burn an MP3 CD in MC, I can tell it to re-write the filenames and set a folder structure based on my tags. I think I need something kinda like that for syncing to my WMP capable phone... but for rewriting tags (the name tag), not for rewriting the filename.

Additionally, I would like the option to have MC write tags in the background that are compatible with WMP, like the rating tag.

After trying every 3rd party tagger I could find, and having all of them FAIL to provide any ability to transfer MC's rating tag to WMP's rating tag, I simply abandoned trying to do that. And that's just crazy frustrating to not be able to do that!!!

Anyway, as far as re-writing the name tag to prefix it with the BPM (a field that WMP desktop version already maintains but does not support as a column choice (STUPID!!!), and that WMP Mobile does not support at all), I simply copied all the files I wanted to a holding area, used MC to rename the File to be "([BPM]) [Name]", then set the name tag to be the new Filename. Pretty inelegant for my tastes, but functional and repeatable.

Cheers,
Jeff

PS. My ultimate fantasy for you guys to fulfill: MC Windows Mobile 5 edition!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up