INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art display  (Read 987 times)

tranceConscious

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Cover art display
« on: May 16, 2006, 11:51:09 am »

Why don't any type of pics in album folders, named  whatever I like, work as album art and display properly in the Cover Art display plugin?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Cover art display
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 02:31:00 pm »

MC supports only one cover art image per audio file. It can use automatically any image file that is inside the file folder. The filename doesn't matter if the folder contains only one image. If the folder contains several images the cover art file must be named as [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album].jpg or Folder.jpg. Otherwise MC cannot link it automatically.

If the image file was added after importing the music files you can do "Library Tools > Update Library (from tags)" or "Image > Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory" for linking it. *

NaTeDoGG has made a track info plugin that can show all images from the file folder: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=23381.0

Personally, I usually scan several album art images (front, back, booklet, CD etc) and import them to the library. I use the standard image slideshow function for displaying those images in a slideshow during music playback.

* EDIT: In case the Image File field contains an orphaned link you must remove it before MC can automatically find a new cover art file (Image > Remove Cover Art). You can make the Image File field visible in Customize Current Field.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

tranceConscious

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Cover art display
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 04:19:35 pm »

I use [album].jpg naming. Does that work?

And what is the standard image slideshow function??
Pages: [1]   Go Up