INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: remote control problem  (Read 964 times)

mridang_agarwal

• Recent member
remote control problem
« on: May 18, 2006, 02:33:23 pm »

hi,
I use Girder to control my MC11. Its works really nicely. I'm facing a small problem though. I use the GML file that is inclded in the folder

\Data\Extras\Girder\

What is the MCC Command for navigating up and down in Theatre View.??

gappie

Re: remote control problem
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 03:25:30 pm »

why use an mcc command in this case with grider. i use the grider keyboard command down (for down and up for up) and use it for every foreground task. when im in theater view it is always on foreground.  but it is easy to use it for theater view only (with target button).

mridang_agarwal

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 11:27:40 pm »

I'm sorry i didnt understand what you meant. I do not wish to use the keyboard. I want to use one of the MCC commands. Which one should I use?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 01:34:51 pm »

In girder, you can create a keyboard event that emulates a keypress on the keyboard.  gappie's point was that generally, it's more useful to assign the keyboard UP, DOWN, LEFT, and RIGHT keypresses to the arrow keys on your remote (since they will work from any application).

Since there is such a simple keypress that does what you need, and can work from inside Girder, I don't know that there is a need for MC to expose a special function to do this.  Why do you need to use a MCC command rather than having Girder emulate the keyboard events?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up