INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pristine Data Stream (ASIO or ?)?  (Read 1275 times)

mrmb

• Recent member
Pristine Data Stream (ASIO or ?)?
« on: May 14, 2006, 08:57:36 am »

I'm using a Windows 2000 Pentium II PC as a music source.   I would like to bypass the Kmixer and send out unaltered data to the USB 2.0 Port, and to my Wavelength Brick USB DAC. 

WAV files are my sole digital source.  I'm not interested in compression, equalization, volume adjustments etc., via my playback software to my USB port. 

I have downloaded ASIO4ALL and have set-up my USB DAC.

I believe that I need to direct Media Center 11 to use ASIO4ALL.  I'm assuming that an ASIO PlugIn would be available as an option in Media Center, but if it is, I haven't had any luck finding it.

Assuming that using ASIO is the best Output set-up to use to flow a bit perfect USB stream, do I need a PlugIn, and if so, where might that be found?

I would appreciate advice regarding the best Media Center set-up to use.  MY only goal is to flow pristine, UNALTERED data to my USB DAC!   If that involves using ASIO, that's fine, but if it makes more sense to use another method specific to Media Center, please advise that, or which one is best  etc.....Thanks, Mike

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Pristine Data Stream (ASIO or ?)?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 09:24:15 am »

Tools/Options/Playback/Output Mode/ASIO should do it.

BTW, there is no advantage to keeping WAV files as opposed to any lossless format (we favor APE here) and you can save about half your disk.

LesC

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 09:24:13 am »

should i switch over to monkey's audio from flac ? does it give tighter compression ?

dpippel

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 05:44:09 pm »

should i switch over to monkey's audio from flac ? does it give tighter compression ?
Not enough to worry about.

kevinlmuise

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 11:06:00 am »

Gordon recommends ASIO for the brick. I recently can't get my brick to recognize ASIO. ASIO off line settting says Beyond Logic. This has only been since Decemeber, prior to this ASIO worked fine. I have spent the past 5 months looking for an explanation on these forums and the best I can do is think that maybe the USB driver for the brick was updated during a Windows Update. That aside I use APE and direct out. I find it works very well and I cannot hear a difference between WAV with ASIO but I can hear a difference between the brick and cosecant.
Pages: [1]   Go Up