INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Podcast Re-downloads after deleting  (Read 987 times)

Ian_Bench

Podcast Re-downloads after deleting
« on: May 19, 2006, 11:14:53 am »

I'd like to automatically download episodes which I haven't previously downloaded.  So, if I've deleted an episode, I don't want it to download again.  Is there a way to do this.  I'm occasionally having problems where old episodes which I've already deleted are getting redownloaded.
I subscribe to some podcast which publish multiple episodes per day, so I can't use the option 'Download latest 1 episode.'  Also, sometimes I don't login for several days at a time, so I want it to automatically download all episodes I haven't downloaded yet.  I have it set to download all episodes, which I predict is causing the problem.

Also, will the software automatically re-attempt a failed network connection?  I occasionally have to VPN to my work, which disables my internet connection.  Consequently, the podcast indicates that it has failed.  After I click on Edit this Feed and click ok, it will re-establish the connection and download pending episodes, however I don't know if this is really necessary if it will automatically attempt to retry again.

Thanks!

Pages: [1]   Go Up