INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Girder issues with 11.1  (Read 1084 times)

godavego

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Girder issues with 11.1
« on: May 20, 2006, 06:24:51 am »

Since I installed 11.1, I've been having startup issues with Girder.  Eventually, I can get it to work, but after some experimentation, I have to run through the following steps every time I startup MC:

1. Normally, my MC starts up in TheaterView so switch normal view (Ctrll-1).  Do not use remote!
2. Using the mouse, click around on any one of the audio views.  If I don't do this, audio playback controls from the remote do not work.
3. Go back to TheaterView (Ctrl-5).  Do not use remote!
4. Click Playing Now, then click Home
5. Click on TheaterTek DVD button to bring up TheaterTek
6. Exit TheaterTek.

If I don't do steps 3-6 using a mouse first, TheaterTek DVD fires up, but MC TheaterView quickly pops back to the foreground.

I know it sounds strange, but this is what I see.  Prior to installing 11.1, I never had a single issue with Girder.  Thankfully, there haven't been too many new builds so I don't startup MC very often.  My server is in a closet with no keyboard or mouse normally connected, so it is a bit of a pain to break out the mouse every time.

Any ideas?

godavego

• World Citizen
Re: Girder issues with 11.1
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 08:22:51 pm »

Anybody?  This is definitely new in 11.1.  I've had this same setup since v10, and I never had this issue.  I also haven't changed anything with respect to Girder in well over a year.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 09:49:57 pm »

Check: Options > Theater View > Keep focus

Also, MC makes a very nice DVD player without extra programs. (it's all I use for my home theater projector)

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

godavego

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 07:04:52 am »

Keep focus is on.  I figure this has something to do with window focus, so that was one of the first things I checked.

MC makes a great player, but I find that TheaterTek with a little ffdshow gets me a slightly better picture.  I've toyed with getting rid of TheaterTek, but in the end it is Girder that keeps it around.  MC is missing one feature that forces me to stay with Girder, and since MC's remote functions and Girder do not co-exist, I might as well keep TT around.  The MC missing feature is that I can't use a remote to choose an album by number.  My system does not have a monitor (other than the front pj), so I use a Pronto w/Supernudelist to pick albums.  Supernudelist builds a Pronto UI for all my albums, and Girder builds the number and executes:

MC11.exe /PlayReplace TREEPATH=Audio\AlbumID/Album\[reg1]

Girder replaces [reg1] with the album ID.

If there was a way to do this with MC-only, I would drop Girder and TheaterTek in a second.  While the picture is slightly better with TheaterTek, it is not enough for me to worry about.  Besides, I'm probably the only one in the family that notices.
Pages: [1]   Go Up