INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not so new... PixOS mini-skin  (Read 1352 times)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Not so new... PixOS mini-skin
« on: May 21, 2006, 01:33:59 am »

I ported this skin over from WMP a couple of years ago, but apparently never submitted it to the skins download page. I just dug it up and figured I'd post it here for download, as well as finally submit it to the skins page...

Download

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Not so new... PixOS mini-skin
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 03:45:22 am »

nice one Doof, this is the only mini skin I use. did the playlist views get fixed?

let me see...

firefox is opening the mjp as a text file in the browser. right click, save as... works. (double click the saved mjp file)

and yes, it would appear playlists are fine now. excellent. I've not used this in 18 months because of that problem.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 09:41:00 am »

The skin also used to show the coverart for the currently playing song, but somewhere along the way, MC now only delivers it in its native size, so I had to turn that feature off. Someday maybe I'll come back to it and bug the guys to help me figure it out. ;)

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 11:37:28 am »

rhino had thumbnail problems with playingnow a while back too.

Matt came up with a solution. From a plugin/skin authors' point of view, I don't know what it was, but I can tell you that if you check:

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Temp\JRTemp\Thumbnails\

after playing some tracks, you will find 256 x 256 thumbnails in there. presumably, MC makes the filename available somehow?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 04:46:06 pm »

Well, I think in this case 256X256 is still way too big. I can get the image just fine, it just displays way too big. I'm really not sure what changed, and it's been so long since I've messed with skins, I don't think it'll be an easy thing for me to figure out. :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up