INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help - Smartlists built from the Comment field *Resolved*  (Read 865 times)

hottuna

Help - Smartlists built from the Comment field *Resolved*
« on: May 21, 2006, 02:48:13 pm »

Sorry if this has already been posted, I couldn't find the answer anywhere.

What I'd like to know is if there is a way for Smartlist to filter a Comment like Search does. Here's what I'm trying to do:

I've tagged the Comment field of some songs with keywords e.g CARCD1, PARTYLIST1, HOUSEWORKINGMUSIC. a song can include more than one keyword separated by commas.

When I use Search it's possible to find the songs based on their keyword, even if they have multiple keywords in the Comment field. 

What I'd like is for Smartlists to work the same way but it appears that they'll only find exact matches for the Comment field for example:

Smarlists work like this: [Comment]=["exact comment contents"]
Search work like this: [Comment]includes["a phrase within the comment"]

Perhaps this is already available and I'm just missing something, does anyone know?

Thanks.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help - Smartlists built from the Comment field
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 03:38:50 pm »

exactly how are you formulating your smartlist search?

the following, entered into a smartlist search here:

[comment]=freebie,live,early

returns with all files whose [comment] field contains one or more of those words, which appears to be what you want it to do. If it's not doing so for you, it suggests to me that there are flaws in the search string you are using.

note:
enclosing your search in square brackets indicates you desire an exact match... so...

[comment]=[freebie,live,early]

would have returned zero files because I don't have a comment entry that exactly matches freebie,live,early

hottuna

Re: Help - Smartlists built from the Comment field
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 04:04:02 pm »

Thanks Marko! That was exactly what I was doing wrong. It never ceases to amaze me how great this program is. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up