INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipod alarm not working with playlist  (Read 1898 times)

JadeSaphire

ipod alarm not working with playlist
« on: May 25, 2006, 11:18:59 pm »

Hi,

I wrote a few months ago about the issues with MC and the ipod alarm. I've downloaded the lastest version of Media Centre and still no luck with getting my iPod alarm to wake me up with music.

If I set the alarm to beep, it works fine, but if I set it to a playlist, no luck.

Yes, ejecting the ipod via iTunes results in the alarm working, but having to close down MC, open iTunes and then eject the ipod every time is a pain and should not be necessary.

Could you please perform an initial investigation and check if there is an MC fix to this issue.

I've got a 5g ipod running v1.1.1 (though the issue existed when I had OS v1.0 running). I've tried uninstalling iTunes, reformatting my ipod, etc, nothing seems to work except ejecting it via iTunes.

Thanks

bdjohns1

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Cheese Whiz
Re: ipod alarm not working with playlist
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 07:44:41 pm »

I'll echo this problem just to bump the thread up so it's not forgotten, and someone at JR actually takes a look at it.  It's a pain in the butt to have to sync in MC11, then switch over to iTunes to eject the device.

Given that I use my iPod as an alarm clock in a mini speaker dock when I'm on the road 3-4 days a week, this is a pretty significant bug.

If anyone at the home office wants me to do database dumps off my iPod or something, just shoot an e-mail to my profile address.

bdjohns1

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Cheese Whiz
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 10:54:54 am »

*bump*  :-\

olarte

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 10:10:22 pm »

I can't even get a playlist to show up... ?

Iv'e uninstalled Itunes from all 3 pcs and now cannot have the alarm set (which my kids want for school) to playlists..

Is there anything being done about this?

Is there any work around other than installing Itunes?

Will I have to re-initialize the ipods yet again, with itunes instead of MC?

Please help!

SwellGuy

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 09:17:00 am »

We're looking into it...

olarte

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 10:00:14 am »

Thanks "Swellguy" any idea how long... it's been reported a while back.

funny part is I don't even see any playlists... even the on-the-go one. All I get is the choice for Beep.

I Initialized the Ipod via MC, and am wondering if that's part of the problem.

I tried simply ejecting it via the remove devices instead of MC (no good).

As a work around in the meantime is it worth re-installing Itunes? (Yuk), and ejecting it from there?

thanks
ivan

olarte

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 01:53:51 pm »

Yep, I finally got playlists to show up in the alarm functions, and even re-installed itunes...

Sure enough the only way playlists will work with the alarm is by ejecting the ipod with Itunes...

Otherwise, the ipod wakes up but does not play anything :(

Even tried the latest build 11.1.196 figuring it had fixed some eject problems... but it's still a no-go...

olarte

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 03:01:16 pm »

If you care about album art do NOT install Itunes just to get alarms working... I repeat do NOT install Itunes.

3000+ Songs later, I installed Itunes to see if the alarms would work, and now any new sync has a 40\60% chance of getting the correct art.

I tried all sorts of things, and nothing worked except re-initializing the ipod with MC yet again, and starting all over again!

As much as I like MC, I'm getting a bit frustrated, since some features key to the IPOD are NOT being addressed, and having itunes installed can mess up the MC functionality...

If MC would only address the itunes features that are missing, or be able to coexist with itunes as a last result.

SwellGuy

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 11:29:26 am »

The alarm problem is fixed in build 11.1.198 (set for release later today).

olarte

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 06:43:24 pm »

:D Thanks "Swellguy" I'll give it a try as soon as I can!
Pages: [1]   Go Up