INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing roll-up playlists with iPod  (Read 1180 times)

Jakester

• World Citizen
Syncing roll-up playlists with iPod
« on: May 25, 2006, 11:21:23 pm »

I have a smartlist called "iPod" that contains other smartlists.  I synced it to my video iPod and MC did indeed sum up all the songs contained in all the smartlists and transfered them to the iPod - excellent!  However, none of the playlists themselves were transferred.

Do I have to individually sync each smartlist to get it to transfer?  It would be nice if all the "sub" smartlists would sync in this case.

Jakester

• World Citizen
Re: Syncing roll-up playlists with iPod
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 03:36:32 pm »

bump

I've individually synched all the "sub smartlists" and they did transfer to the iPod, but still hoping this is a bug and not how it's supposed to work so that in the future I can just sync the "master" or "roll-up" smartlist (O.K. so what's the right terminology here)

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 11:10:56 am »

in the options area, under handheld devices, you should check the box for each playlist that you want included on the ipod.  You only need to do this one time.

Jakester

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 02:44:29 pm »

Yea that's auto update, right?  I've been using manual update as I became familiar with the ins and outs, especially the whole album-art-and-lyrics-don't-force-an-update issue.  I guess I can use auto update at this point.  Still would like manual sync to work as I suggested - wondering if the MC folks meant for it to work this way or not ...

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 07:29:58 pm »

I've always used Sync Mode - Playlists.

However, the checkbox I'm referring to "Get play stats from handheld on connect" is enabled in Manual Mode also.
Pages: [1]   Go Up