INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import *.m3u from shared folder  (Read 1022 times)

Pinkie2

• Recent member
Import *.m3u from shared folder
« on: May 31, 2006, 06:21:03 pm »

I guess there is a problem with importing m3u playlists from a shared folder from the pc that shares the folder.
I made some m3us with winamp over my network. When I open these files with the editor every filepath is like "\\"server"\"shared folder"\"filepath". When I try to import these files to my library on the "server" itself it takes a long time but nothing happens. Is this a known problem and how can I solve it?

JONCAT

Re: Import *.m3u from shared folder
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 05:05:45 pm »

I can't import m3u as playlists period. What if one file in the list was no longer in existence, would this stop the other files from being imported to MC. How do we dave playlists; they always eventually get blasted when I install a new version e.g. MC11.1

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 08:52:59 am »

Searching the forum turns up some posts on the failure of Library backups to contain playlists. As I mentioned this has happened to me so I exported as m3u. I would make playlists and install MC 11.1X over the top every time (unadvisable?), consistently backup my library and then eventually lose my playlists. Does MC support or not support this format (m3U)?

How do you backup playlists?

DC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 09:49:30 am »

Playlists and smartlists are part of a library backup.

It's not common to lose a playlist (I have some that are many years old).

It means something else is wrong.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 10:22:14 am »

I can't reproduce this.  For me, Winamp uses relative paths in the M3U and MC picks them up fine.

If you aren't using relative paths, are there actually quotes around the backslashes?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up