INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art scrambled on iPod  (Read 3214 times)

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...
Cover Art scrambled on iPod
« on: June 06, 2006, 07:35:40 pm »

I am using MC11, latest build.

Cover Art is correctly assigned in MC11 library. However, when transferred to iPod (a new 60GB 5G) about 20% of the files have an incorrect, random image.

KStor

• Recent member
Re: Cover Art scrambled on iPod
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 01:51:52 pm »

I've got the same problem with my iPod video 30gb...

Craig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 06:44:52 am »

Have you updated the firmware on your Ipod? I used to see this problem but don't anymore.

I have V1.1.1 in mine

Craig
MC2Slim - Windows Shell and JRiver Media Center Integration for Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 08:35:41 am »

I have 1.1.1, still having the problem.

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 03:46:01 am »

i had this problem directly after loading up itunes with my ipod plugged in... i believe the problem might be an MC-itunes conflict mucking up your ipod database. to solve it i did a restore, resyncd with MC and never loaded up itunes again whilst my ipod was plugged in. i'm using latest build with an ipod video 60gb, worked fine ever since.

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 06:52:07 am »

i had this problem directly after loading up itunes with my ipod plugged in... i believe the problem might be an MC-itunes conflict mucking up your ipod database. to solve it i did a restore, resyncd with MC and never loaded up itunes again whilst my ipod was plugged in. i'm using latest build with an ipod video 60gb, worked fine ever since.
This could have happened. I will give it a try.

KStor

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 09:33:27 am »

Hi,
I've got 1.1.1 and i've still have the problem

But I don't know how to avoid the use of MC and iTune
I'm using MC at home and iTune at work to listen to ipod music, syncronizing ipod with last.fm and installing photos

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 06:56:46 am »

install MC at work, dump itunes.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 10:09:44 am »

install MC at work, dump itunes.

I take it you don't care for the iTunes music/video store or enhanced podcasts.  If you want to use either of those, completely dumping iTunes is NOT an option.  You may have no use for them, but to assume that no MC users do is naive.

I am seeing this same scrambled art issue with my 4G iPod Photo (on version 1.2.1).

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 04:34:01 am »

it was only a suggestion - there's no obligation.

seems pretty simple to me - if you use itunes, don't load it up with your ipod plugged in. you can use your music/video store and enhanced podcasts without your ipod plugged in, correct?

it's a workaround rather than a please-all solution i agree, but better than nothing.

SwellGuy

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 06:58:27 am »

We're looking into the cover art scramble now...

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2006, 08:14:20 pm »

I take it you don't care for the iTunes music/video store or enhanced podcasts.  If you want to use either of those, completely dumping iTunes is NOT an option.  You may have no use for them, but to assume that no MC users do is naive.

The problem is that iTunes is an outrageously invasive program that has the abilty to really screw things up without ever asking you if you want to make any changes to your system.  Apple has become one of the worst offenders in this area, and makes it very difficult for those of us who want to use other software for our media libraries.  I agree that iTunes offers some things that you can't get elsewhere, but I don't utilize these other options partly out of principle -- I can't stand it when a company tries to FORCE me to use their software, and then screws with my system without asking.

The situation has just become even worse given that there is no longer a standalone "updater" for the iPod -- the updater is now only offered via iTunes.  I'm not sure what I'll do yet, but I'm tempted to just go to an Apple store and have them update my iPod so I don't have to EVER install iTunes on any of my systems.

Larry

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2006, 02:21:22 am »

The problem is that iTunes is an outrageously invasive program that has the abilty to really screw things up without ever asking you if you want to make any changes to your system.  Apple has become one of the worst offenders in this area, and makes it very difficult for those of us who want to use other software for our media libraries.

Care to elaborate on exactly what iTunes is doing to your system without asking?  I've had iTunes on my PC's since at least v5, and I've never found it to be any worse than any other media software out there.  It has certainly never 'screwed things up' all on it's own.  Heck, even MC tries to take over your file and CD play associations during a default install.  I don't completely disagree with this, since most 'normal' users would be confused if they installed their 'new' music management software, but another program opened when they clicked on their files.

Regardless of your feelings about iTunes, the fact remains that a LOT of people rely on it as their primary source of legal music and video downloads.  MC also does not fully support enhanced podcasts.  Given this, MC needs to be able to 'play nice' on a system that has iTunes.   iTunes also has iPod features that are not supported by MC at this time (dynamic playlists being a big one), so there are reasons that people with MC might still use iTunes to manage their iPod(s).

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2006, 08:38:18 am »

it seems that every time Apple release a new update to firmware or itunes, weird things start to happen to the ipod with regards to the simultaneous use of MC. i for one don't believe it's JRiver's fault, it's Apple's. i doubt they send a memorandum to JRiver saying "Hey guys, FYI we've changed this and that and et cetera, regards Steve Jobs".

for the record, the default options of itunes have screwed my system up (that "Organise my music for me" option was a killer, took me hours to put it right). MC or any other program i've installed (as far as i'm aware) would never just move a load of files around without asking *very* politely first.

are we all to expect the MC team to spend hours (and therefore money) chasing the random whims of Apple? i suppose we are, but i'm guessing there are other priorities and as long as they aren't major issues it gets put on the back burner.

i use itunes when i have to, but i exclusively manage my ipod with MC. works for me, and i'm guessing the majority. hopefully JRiver will sort the glitch out, but then Apple will prob do something else to mess it all up again (i'm not suggesting they do it on purpose of course - they could be a little more communicative i'm sure).
Pages: [1]   Go Up