INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Giving Praise When Due  (Read 670 times)

Bob M

Giving Praise When Due
« on: September 17, 2002, 05:21:13 am »

I just want to state for the record that I don’t think I’ve ever found a piece of software with such an amazing ratio of enjoyment and usefulness to cost.

I’ve been fooling around with Media Jukebox for about a year now, and in recent weeks I finally found the time to get serious about digitizing and organizing my music collection. I’ve got around 800 vinyl LPs, 300 CDs, and a couple of gigabytes of MP3s.

My big project will be digitizing and cleaning up the LPs, which I started accumulating around 1966. After trying a bunch of different alternatives, I’ve found that a combination of MJ (to record) and Wave Corrector (to declick) works perfectly for my needs. I’ve got about 50 albums done—only 750 to go!

Once the tracks are processed, I’ve used MJ to burn the MP3s onto data CDs. At 192 kbps this gives me something like 7 hours of nonstop music, without a single cut that I don’t like! And meanwhile, as the file list gets longer, I keep finding MJ offers new organizing features.

Then add as a bonus, this forum- I can’t recall ever encountering a product where the development team interacts so actively with the users.

All for the price of a couple of CDs at Amazon. Not too shabby.

Anyway, just wanted to say, “Keep up the good work.” (And no, I don’t own any stock in JRiver- I just believe it’s as important to say “well done” when it’s warranted as it is to point out problems needing fixing.)

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Giving Praise When Due
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2002, 05:31:18 am »

Thanks, Bob.  Welcome words.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up