INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing to device problem  (Read 1316 times)

aatreya

• World Citizen
Syncing to device problem
« on: June 09, 2006, 12:00:08 pm »

Let's say I have a device that can hold slightly more than 100 songs.  If I set it up so that next time I sync, it wants to replace 50 of the songs with 50 other songs (of the same size), MC won't let me sync, saying that I don't have enough space, and implying that my player would have to hold 150 songs.  It seems like it doesn't take into account the size of the songs it will delete when determining whether the whole sync will fit.  Is there a way around this?

Thanks.
-- Anand

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Syncing to device problem
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 04:58:26 pm »

Which device do you have?

I have a 1 GB Apple iPod Nano and had a similar problem, although I don't remember exactly what happened.

You may want to delete the tracks off the device first, then shut down MC.  Load MC back up and see if the available space figure is correct.  If it is, you should be able to transfer the new tracks.  It may be necessary to clear the device first (re-initialize) if a partial delete doesn't work.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Syncing to device problem
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 05:52:43 pm »

Make sure you have the latest MC 11.1.

It does account for files to be deleted.  Make sure MC plans on deleting the files you expect. (look at the "Status" column when you view the handheld)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up