INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with dual monitor settings  (Read 2054 times)

unhappycamper

• Recent member
Need help with dual monitor settings
« on: June 10, 2006, 03:28:14 pm »

Removed for lack of interest.

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Need help with dual monitor settings
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 09:40:14 pm »

Oh well, I just saw this and have my dual monitor setup working great with MC and perhaps could have helped with whatever the question was.
Jeff

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 11:09:28 am »

Yep… dual monitors working fine here too, but this thread was removed before I could read it.
Sue

unhappycamper

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 02:16:21 pm »

All right I'll try again.

I want to have "Theater" mode on my 12" touchscreen and my Video (TV, DVD, PVR ETC.) to play on my 50" TV at the same time!
I want the controls on the touchscreen while the video is playing.
I can't get it to work, suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 03:15:09 pm »

Ah… I have dual monitors on a PC and don't use the Home Theater features of MC, so I'm no help. Hope you get an answer, but generally it's best to allow more than 24 hours on a weekend for people to see your question. ;-)
Sue

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 11:35:22 am »

All right I'll try again.

I want to have "Theater" mode on my 12" touchscreen and my Video (TV, DVD, PVR ETC.) to play on my 50" TV at the same time!
I want the controls on the touchscreen while the video is playing.
I can't get it to work, suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know that this is possible, but from Matt's post in this thread it looks like they are planning to make some Touchscreen-related improvements to MC in the next version.

I'm certainly not sure that this would work, but if you have an ATI video card and the TV set as your secondary display you could try enabling Theater Mode in the Clone Mode settings.  From ATI's KB:

One of the new features of the CATALYST™ driver is the THEATER MODE feature.

THEATER MODE allows overlay to be available in a full screen mode on a dual head capable product.

Using  ATI CATALYST Control Center:
    The THEATER MODE option can be enabled using the following steps:

* ensure Clone mode is enabled
        * select the Advanced Settings under the CATALYST Control Center "View" menu
        * Under Video, select Theater Mode
        * In the Overlay Display in Clone Mode section, select the Theater Mode radio button

Using ATI Control Panel:
    The THEATER MODE option can be enabled using the following steps:

* ensure Clone mode is enabled
        * open Windows Display Properties
        * select the Advanced button under the Settings Tab
        * select the Overlay tab

For CATALYST™ 3.2 and higher

* select the CLONE MODE OPTIONS button and then Select the THEATER MODE button
        * apply the changes

For CATALYST™ builds previous to CATALYST™ 3.2

* select the THEATER MODE button
        * apply the changes
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

unhappycamper

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 01:27:05 pm »

Glynor,

That works, it's not perfect, but it works!

Thanks

BTW: To set Clone Mode in the above, I had to have a video playing before the buttons were active.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 12:17:39 am »

Sweet.  It was a guess, but I thought it might work!  Glad to help.

I thought I'd mention that a new feature available with ATI's newer video cards (X1x00 series) and Catalyst 6.5 is dual monitor overlay acceleration.  Generally (on older ATI cards or older driver versions), when you set the clone mode to "Same on All" even though you see the video on both screens, only the primary display uses a true "overlay" (the secondary display uses software rendering).  The new option for X1x00 series cards fixes that right up...

Overlay Theater Mode Update
Catalyst® 6.5 introduces a new option for Overlay Theater Mode. The new option, Standard Dual Mode is available for Radeon® X1x00 series of graphics cards. This new feature now allows users to playback video using hardware acceleration when it is played on both displays (clone mode). Hardware acceleration decreases CPU utilization, allowing the PC to run smoother and faster. When using two displays in clone mode, video playback will be identically displayed on both display devices. For Radeon® X1000 series products (Avivo Video) overlay is per-display and true overlay will be used for both displays. For pre-Radeon® X1x00 boards, there is only one hardware overlay, so video on the second clone display device is either software-rendered (i.e. "Same on all" selection) or the Windows desktop is displayed but the video will not show through the color key (i.e., "Standard mode" selection).

Not strictly related but I thought it could help interested other parties...
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up