INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 11.1 and multiple iPods  (Read 1197 times)

molarman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Smiling Increases Your Face Value
MC 11.1 and multiple iPods
« on: March 21, 2006, 09:24:56 am »

After using MC10 for years, I just yesterday upgraded to MC 11.1.  I like the improvements so far.  I noticed that when I connected my iPod to the PC, I was able to specify a "name" for the iPod.  I named it "My Nano".  This almost implies that MC 11.1 can now readily handle multiple iPod synchs.  Is this correct?  I have an old 2nd gen iPod that holds all my music library and now I also have a 4 GB Nano which holds only a portion of it.  Thus the synchs will be different for each.  Can 11.1 readily manage this?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 11.1 and multiple iPods
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 09:28:20 am »

After using MC10 for years, I just yesterday upgraded to MC 11.1.  I like the improvements so far.  I noticed that when I connected my iPod to the PC, I was able to specify a "name" for the iPod.  I named it "My Nano".  This almost implies that MC 11.1 can now readily handle multiple iPod synchs.  Is this correct? 
Yes.  MC will remember settings for as many as you have.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 11.1 and multiple iPods
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 07:35:36 pm »

The guide in the following thread may be of interest to you:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32263.msg221281#msg221281

This guide utilizes the more advanced smartlist, tagging, and view scheme features of MC to allow much easier and more powerful management capabilities for iPods.  In other words, the guide takes advantage of MC's highly customizable configuration to help automate much of this process, and makes the task of managing song lists for one or more iPods much quicker and easier.

Don't be intimidated by the length of the document -- the end result is VERY easy to use.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up