INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC and Rockbox  (Read 1234 times)

CaptApollo

MC and Rockbox
« on: June 13, 2006, 01:07:21 pm »

Hi all,

I doscovered Rockbox through this forum and I think it is great!  I am still in my 30 day trial of MC, 11.1.183, and trying to find a combination of software that I can live with and MC and Rockbox may just do it for me.  I dumped iTunes and Anapod, just don't work right for me.

My question is (forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask) I set my iPod as a device in MC by just using its directory as I saw in another post, named the music folder _Music, and when MC searched, it not only found my small testing music files, but it also found all the Rockbox jpgs and plugins.  Shouldn't it just look in the named folders that I set under the options?  What can I do about this?

Thank you.  If I can get this resolved, count me as a customer!

John.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC and Rockbox
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 01:53:07 pm »

If you are using rockbox you set it up as a drive, when MC first finds the ipod you should ignore it.

Go to Tools->Options->select Handheld->Add Device.
Give it a name (I used rockbox).
Browse to the device (mine is I:).
Create a new folder at the root of the device (I used _MC).
Go to Files and Paths. I left the audio path as is and then added underscores to the rest (i.e. _Images).
Change supported types to:
mp3;ogg;mpc;flac;aac;alac;ac3;wv;jpg
Manually sync to start with.

This way you'll only see the files under the _MC directory on the IPOD and _MC sorts to the top of the list on the rockbox.

This is all pretty free form because you can do it any way you want in MC and rockbox is not particular about how you setup your file tree.

CaptApollo

Re: MC and Rockbox
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 03:53:09 pm »

You rock!  That worked just fine.  Now for a little more testing, and it will be my custom iPod working the way it should have worked in the beginning.  I will also own MC which I have been looking at for quite some time to replace my home automation that I currently have.  I have a slinke, but the software is too outdated.

Thanks again, John.
Pages: [1]   Go Up