INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Touch Screen Solution  (Read 969 times)

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
Touch Screen Solution
« on: June 15, 2006, 09:29:32 am »

Bill Kearney is using a touch screen application with Media center.
What are you using for the Touch Screen interface.  I think that would be wonderful to be able to use touchscreen on a monitor setting above your stereo equipment in the media room.
Please let us know how you are using the application.

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Touch Screen Solution
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 10:21:52 am »

Um, I'm simply using MC11 on an 800x600 screen that has a touch interface.  Nothing more, nothing less.  It's an all-in-one machine that's rack mounted.  I've got three USB sound cards hung off it, driving three zones into a Russound CAV66.

MC11 isn't perfect for touch screen use.  There are too many places in the interface that can't be used with a single left-click.  But for most operations it's sufficient.  For me it's the other parts of MC11 that truly kick ass.  But it's that same abundance of creeping-featuritis that seems to leave the important stuff from being effectively addressed. 

I've heard tell you can use Cinemar's Music Lobby with MC11 but have never tried it.  Between the hassles I had with trying to get it installed, and it's rather high price I figured I'd tough it out with just MC11.  And don't get me started on the hassles of trying to get NetRemote and Girder working...

kingdaddy

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Touch Screen Solution
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 03:25:00 pm »

I use a Viewsonic Airpanel V150P, a bit slow loading the thumbnails but worth it for wireless touch screen solution, I think there going for about $300-$400.  The new Music Lobby interface is quite nice with this and makes song selection very easy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up