INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem acquiring licence for wmv files  (Read 1795 times)

rob1_au

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Problem acquiring licence for wmv files
« on: June 17, 2006, 06:29:38 pm »

I have been away on holiday for 6 weeks and when I came back and started MediaCenter, it prompted me to download an upgrade. This upgrade was 11.1.186.

Since this upgrade I have had a problem with playing wmv content that needs to acquire a licence.

I subscribe to a website and I download wmv files from that site. When I play them for the first time, mediacenter puts up a dialog box saying Acquiring Licence. It prompts me to enter my user name and password for the website and then says Licence was issued successfully.

Before the upgrade, I would have clicked the play button on the dialog box and the wmv would have played. Since the upgrade, even though the licence was issued, the play button is greyed out and the only option available is the cancel button.

I have tried the same thing directly in Windows Media Player and it acquires the licence and plays the content successfully. Only Mediacenter has the problem.

I tried upgrading to 11.1.187 but the problem is still there.

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Problem acquiring licence for wmv files
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 06:38:29 pm »

Sometimes a subscription service requires you to be online at least once every 30 days so that the license expiration can get updated.

You may want to check with the service provider to see if that's the case, and maybe they can help you can get a valid license again.

Edit: I missed that you stated that the file plays fine in Windows Media Player, sorry.  Did you try to play the file in MC after having success in WMP?  My guess is you tried that, but MC still didn't work with it.

Licensed files can get tricky.  Hopefully, someone from JRiver will be able to help.

rob1_au

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 06:24:51 am »

Today I upgraded to Media Center 11.1.188 and I still have this problem.

As BullishDad suggested, I tried acquiring a licence with Windows Media Player then seeing if I could play the file in MediaCenter. This didn't work. Media Player played the file correctly, then when I went to MediaCenter, it tried to acquire the licence again.

Also with this licence service, once you have the licence you shouldn't need to get it again. Its supposed to continue to work even after the subscription has expired (so long as you don't change PCs or reinstall Windows).

rob1_au

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 03:50:09 am »

I have downloaded and installed 11.1.191 but I still have the same problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up