INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatically moving album art around  (Read 1097 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Automatically moving album art around
« on: June 21, 2006, 12:33:44 am »

I often rename artists, song names, and albums based on a new idea I have.  One of my current ideas is to eliminate characters which require "_" in the filename and take out intiail "The" words.  Upon making changes, I immediately rename files based on tags.  The problem is, assuming that I no longer have the .log files explaining the quality of the rip, the Folder.jpg files are never moved with music.  This not only creates problems where I lose the art, then (I'm assuming), but I also have folders with only a jpg in them that clutter up the directory structure.  One reason I really like using FLAC is because Windows Media Player cannot start downloading "super-hidden" album art files to clutter up the directory since it doesn't know what FLAC is.  I'm still 100% flac and am gonna do my best to stay that way.  I still have some public domain/creative commons works, though, that I must have and am unable to find in FLAC.  This will be tough....

Anyway, how can I have the Folder.jpg files be moved at the same time?  Is this even possible to figure out?  Thanks!

JONCAT

Re: Automatically moving album art around
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 12:47:16 am »

MC can either move the "The" to the end through Library Tools>Clean File Properties making The Clash > Clash, The or MC can be set to ignore articles such as "a" & "the". I think the underscore, "_", represents the ":" in a tag field in MC but maybe it is also other things as well. I use ":" a lot within MC to seperate lengthy album titles instead of using hyphens.

As mentioned elsewhere I don't think FLAC allows image file support in tags and I take it you mean that you're moving files around with MC's Move Disk file and ending up with almost empty folders that contain folder.jpg?

Check the 3rd party plugin forum here for some FLAC threads.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 08:18:56 am »

... Anyway, how can I have the Folder.jpg files be moved at the same time?  Is this even possible to figure out?  Thanks!

Please, do your homework!  :)

I provided you links here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=34263.msg233801#msg233801

It took me a considerable amount of time to gather them. There are instructions for moving the cover art images too.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 09:09:43 am »

Sorry...I had read that previously but didn't see what I thought I needed.  I'll check it again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up