INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ignore articles doesn't work properly with grouped view schemes  (Read 756 times)

mrchivs

• Recent member

I am running MC 10.0.173 and have the following View Scheme configured under Audio:

Album (grouped)/Album

The grouping size is 1 (this is so I can group all album names alphabetically).

Some of my albums begin with The, or A, but I don't want these to be grouped under T or A, but the letter that is related to the title (eg The Dark Side of the Moon should be filed under D).

I recently noticed in the Options, Tree & View, Sorting, there is the option to Ignore ariticles (like A, An or The). This is exactly what I want.

HOWEVER, it doesn't now work in the view scheme I have created. Lets say 'The Dark Side of the Moon' is the only album name I have starting with D. With the Ignore articles ticked, there is no D group created in the View Scheme. The T group remains (even though I don't have any albums beginning with T except the ones beginning with 'The'), but when this is selected, nothing appears in the preview panes.

I think this is a bug. If I don't have any albums beginning with T (except ones beginning with The), then the letter T should not appear in the grouped View Scheme at all. Similarly, the letter D should be present if I have an album name of 'The Dark Side of the Moon'.

Can anyone confirm if this is a known issue. Does the same occur in MC11?

Thanks

mrchivs

mrchivs

• Recent member
Re: Ignore articles doesn't work properly with grouped view schemes
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 08:27:01 am »

Hi, has anyone had a chance to test this yet? Is it a bug?

Thanks

mrchivs
Pages: [1]   Go Up