INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Tile Sorting Solution  (Read 1052 times)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Album Tile Sorting Solution
« on: June 21, 2006, 09:21:31 pm »

So the files at bottom won't sort the albums by the setting and instead sorts them by the default track number field.

This is bad as I like to browse by songs that are rated higher.  So I created an alternate library Album field 'Albums' and then went to library tools > Move / Copy fields and MC now sorts the way I prefer. ;D

The only problem is that I will now have to run this command every so often in order to 'sync up' these fields.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Album Tile Sorting Solution
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 05:33:19 am »

Interesting, I wasn't aware of this change. (...or is it a bug? I have to investigate this a bit more.)

However, you could change your "Albums" field to a calculated field. As a templete you can use just [Album] without anything else. It'll be filled automatically.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

datdude

• MC Beta Team
Re: Album Tile Sorting Solution
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 04:13:51 pm »

Interesting, I wasn't aware of this change. (...or is it a bug? I have to investigate this a bit more.)

However, you could change your "Albums" field to a calculated field. As a templete you can use just [Album] without anything else. It'll be filled automatically.

Thanks Alex, that is perfect.  I don't believe this change is a bug but rather a logic change made by the developers.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball
Pages: [1]   Go Up