INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creative Zen Vision:M Cover Art Support?  (Read 2752 times)

gbdesai

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
Creative Zen Vision:M Cover Art Support?
« on: June 22, 2006, 07:50:16 pm »

I just got a Creative Zen Vision:M today and can't find any forum references to cover art support for the device.  Cover Art works fine on my iPod Nano.  I store as folder.jpg and in the MP3 file as well.  I am running 11.1.188.  Anyone know the definitive answer?

G

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Creative Zen Vision:M Cover Art Support?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 09:56:02 pm »

Maybe this Creative thread will be helpful.

When using MC, you should try saving the Cover Art "inside" the file and see if that works.

gbdesai

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 11:14:01 pm »

Thanks, I do save my cover art inside the file (as well as folder.jpg for my Sonos system).    I cleared all of my music off the Zen and just uploaded a few files that I know have cover art embedded inside the file.  No luck.  Anyone have a Vision:M that has cover art working with MC?

gbdesai

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 09:11:28 pm »

I reformatted the whole device since it was acting goofy and I wanted to start clean, now album art does show up in a majority of cases.  I have verified that tracks that don't show cover art have both embedded art and folder.jpg.  Don't know why they wouldn't work too.  Perhaps the JPG is a slightly different format than it can show.  Perhaps a progressive vs. non-progressive images?

Actually, I just figured it out.  Most of my art is around 200x200 in size, the ones that don't show are all about 500x500, perhaps a limit on image resolution...

fwhoch

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 09:29:34 pm »

I’ve been using the Creative Zen Vision:M (ZVM) for over a month now.  It took a bit of research and resetting but I finally got it right.  My setup is a little tedious, but it works for me.

First of all I like to have large (950x950) or bigger album art on my computer, for some reason it will not show when playing on the ZVM.  Don’t know why, I looked into creative’s forums and spoke with other users regarding this problem and so far I’ve been able to deduce:

1. If a music file contains more than one image it won’t show.  I haven’t been able to detect these cases on MC, I use media monkey to catalogue and tag music files.

2. ZVM will use album art contained in the "Cover (front)" tag ONLY, you are able to tag many images to a music file, but only this tag works.

3. Small image files work better.

4. Regardless of the past 3, sometimes a file will show the album art and sometimes it won’t.  I’ve looked around creative’s forums for help, but haven’t been able to figure out a reason for this.

Anyway, these is a failsafe way for album art to appear on ZVM regardless of images within the file, and although it takes a little longer I don’t mind. May work for you..

1. Make sure you are connected and running the Creative Media Explorer and click "Browse Files".

2. Find your folder will all of your music. Open it.

3. Right click any blank area within a folder that contains music files, and click "Album".

4. Next, a split screen should show up with album(s) at the top with a generic unkown album art displayed.

5. Drag and drop images to each album.

I hope this helps
Pages: [1]   Go Up