INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Program That JRiver Needs to Make!  (Read 2954 times)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
A Program That JRiver Needs to Make!
« on: June 22, 2006, 09:48:53 pm »

http://audiobaba.com

It looks like it is pretty basic nothing fancy or patent pending, just some basic audio analysis, and then combined with your metadata to generate more music based on seed songs.

No program has more metadata than MC (intensity, bpm, moods, styles etc...) and it allready has audio fingerprinting as well.  Seems like a great turn key feature that really takes advantage of the database which MC although it has a great database, could really find more ways of using it to make things more fun for the user. (Hint: It's not all about how to organize it)

Combine this type of song selection with an itunes like party shuffle auto queue system, and that would rule!
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

runemail

• World Citizen
  • Soft Rock
Re: A Program That JRiver Needs to Make!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 05:43:03 pm »

I think the recomandations "radio" in new beta of last.fm is way better. It can take in consideration everything you have listened to and compare it with both "neighbours" and global tags.
That audiobaba looked kind of limited.

I also like the mashup of Pandora/Last.fm.

http://pandorafm.real-ity.com/

I belive all JRiver needs to do is use some of the good stuff out there. You know, "interact" ;)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 12:05:30 am »

I can see why for some reasons they have not integrated with these programs i.e. sands shifting etc.. but a program tightly integrated with MC that only MC could do, would be the best.

I find it odd that someone would use last fm with pandora.  pandora is inherently more obscure and last fm obviously popularity based.  going from last fm to pandora makes sense but not the other way around at least for my entertainment purposes.

runemail

• World Citizen
  • Soft Rock
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 06:58:56 pm »

Yes but neither pandora or Last.Fm is perfect.

When they work together Pandora submits to Last.Fm. You can then find a new artist with Pandora and find users on Last.fm that are big fans of that artist. Then you see what other artists they like. And even send them a msg. and make them recomend what records to buy etc.

I like it because I can find good stuff that I have never heard before this way. Mostly old stuff that "nobody" knows about any more. And "meet" musicnerds like myself  :-\

Last.Fm is as obscure as you want it to be, like Pandora.

I can see why for some reasons they have not integrated with these programs i.e. sands shifting etc.. but a program tightly integrated with MC that only MC could do, would be the best.

nope.

JRiver doesn't have the resources or userbase to make such a ting. They should continue to do what they do best, make the best Media player/center even better :) If they embraced some of the more popular webservices like flickr, imdb, Last.Fm etc. It would only make the experience more exiting and probably bring in some attention and new users. "Shifting sands" is not a problem, Imdb have been here for 10 years flickr 3 and Last.Fm over 2 years. And API's are free to use.

The only program JRiver needs to make right now is MC12

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 09:09:19 pm »

The only program JRiver needs to make right now is MC12

Correct, and it someday needs a highly intgrated auto DJ feature!!!

I love pandora just as it is!  MC needs its own music genie feature, but within your own library.

lOth

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 06:06:18 pm »

Correct, and it someday needs a highly intgrated auto DJ feature!!!

Correct, and anyone who wants to develop an auto DJ feature should have a look to what amarok does with last.fm data.

ferent

• Galactic Citizen
  • Go to Linux
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 06:35:34 pm »

Correct, and anyone who wants to develop an auto DJ feature should have a look to what amarok does with last.fm data.
Sorry lOth, have you installed MC in Linux?
Go to linux
Pages: [1]   Go Up