INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portable player sync troubles and issues  (Read 1268 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Portable player sync troubles and issues
« on: June 28, 2006, 03:19:38 pm »

I'm having troubles synchronizing with my Sandisk Sansa, or any player for that matter.

1. It doesn't seem to check to see if a song exists or not.  I keep synchronizing and it puts a duplicate, adding (1) to the name.
2. Album art never works at all.  I am going to try manually copying a jpg to a folder and see if it works.  If it does, I need a way to force MC to do this for me.  Also, I really need the images to be scaled down because 1200x1200 is too big for a tiny 1.8" screen.
3. Is there a way to prioritize certain playlists?  It seems to add them in alphabetical order, meaning that "3 Stars" are added before "4 Stars" or "5 Stars" and I solved this by adding 1, 2, 3: "1 5 Stars," "2 4 Stars," etc., but this is a pain.
4. Clicking stop sync always causes MC to crash and close immediately.
5. Playlists also don't copy to the folder I designated.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

SwellGuy

Re: Portable player sync troubles and issues
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 05:41:07 pm »

1. Start by renaming the 'Audio Path' to 'My Music' and deleting the Database.mpl file from the root of the Sansa and see if the problems persist.
2. (pending)
3. We don't know of any way to assign order to playlists.
4. (pending)
5. (pending)

Thanks,
Rick

dsevolve

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Portable player sync troubles and issues
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 10:54:18 am »

I noticed the same problem with my Sansa and I think I found the problem.  Some of the files I was sync-ing had a blank album name field.  However once I would sync, the files appeared on my Sansa with "unknown album" in the album field.  These were always the files that MC would want to upload another copy of the song because it didn't recognize the file on the Sansa as being the same file.  Once I made sure all the categories the Sansa recognized had something in them, the exact same info in MC would be transfered to the Sansa and it would recognize the file next time I tried to sync.  No problems since.  Hope this helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up