INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting and urgent MP3 Player issues--IDEAS?  (Read 907 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Interesting and urgent MP3 Player issues--IDEAS?
« on: June 28, 2006, 05:12:15 pm »

I have solved a few issues I was having but have uncovered other ones.  The player I am using is the Sandisk Sansa e270 (6GB).

1. I was having issues where the sync utility would say that all my songs were not on the device but this was because the Music folder kept getting hidden each time I started the player.  My solution was to move the music to a new folder called Audio, which the player still searches, but does not automatically hide upon startup.

2. My player has a great album art feature that I really want to take advantage of.  I also went to the trouble to scan in my 500+ covers at 1200x1200 resolution.  This high resolution not only means it takes a while for my player to get the art down sized, but it also means that I could use up a hundred MB or so just in art since each image is around 1 MB.  Is there a way to, at the very least, copy cover art for every album involved (in the folder of the album), and ideally automatically resize it down to around 220x176.  That is the screen resolution but since album art is square, 176x176 would be ideal.  This would be wonderful!

3. Playlists are copied but don't seem to work.  Any ideas on why they don't show up on my player?

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Interesting and urgent MP3 Player issues--IDEAS?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 05:19:00 pm »

One more very important issue:

I need to know what conversion setting I should use!  It takes hours to convert and fill my player and I've already filled it part way and deleted everything.  Please help me decide.  I want to get as many songs as I can on it while still keeping good quality.

I have tried V6 LAME and am considering V7 for a little bit more space?  What about Windows Media?  I have heard it is a newer, better codec than MP3.  Is this true?  Are there some good benchmarks to get the best bang for my megabyte?  I'm very curious.  Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up