INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange playback problem: Media Center was unable to play any of the files...  (Read 944 times)

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen

My Setup:
5 drives on a remote Win2K server.  All music drives are mapped to my Media PC.
Its been running fine like this for at least a year.  Serveral days ago MC  stopped being able to play what appears to be about 80% of the songs I try.  I can't seem to find anything consistent in the location of the songs it won't play.  They seem to appear on all drives and of the few albums I tried they seem to be consistent in not playing (on reboot, delete,re-import etc)  The songs that MC chokes on I can see in Explorer and can play with other Media Players.  The path appears correct in MC library but it won't play them.  I tried deleting one album from the library and re-imported it but it still won't play it.  I also re-installed the latest MC (11.1.186) over top but still no love.  Decided to start pulling my hair out but that doesn't seem to be working either.  Any Ideas?
Please help me get my music back!
Cheers!

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen

VERY bizarre behaviour however further testing confirms that my library was corrupt.  Restored an older version and everything is working again.  Just wondering if anyone has seen something similiar happen.  THe only thing that has changed in my system is that I migrated over to a Striped Raid config for the HTPC a few weeks ago.

<shrug>

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Never seen (or heard of) such a thing.  Glad you got going again though!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up