INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center/ 2 Zones/ Denon-3806  (Read 1468 times)

2parts

• Recent member
Media Center/ 2 Zones/ Denon-3806
« on: June 30, 2006, 09:28:36 pm »

All,

Have MC 11 routing 2 zones. One zone is off the mobo COAX S/Pdif and the second is an HDA Mystique 7.1 audio with TOSLINK . Both of these zones are received by a Denon 3806 into their appropiate inputs.   

Problem is if both zones are played simultaneously with say different songs, they seem to route fine, but the Denon will only play say Zone 1, even though Zone 2 has a audio coming into it. If you switch to Zone 2 on the Denon you will not hear anything. Although JRiver shows both songs playing without issue and trudging right along. 

Has anyone here had experience with the Denon 3806 and JR11 and multi-zone, if so were you able to have both zones playback without issue and if so then how?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

topher2041

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Media Center/ 2 Zones/ Denon-3806
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 08:17:40 am »

I do not know if you figure this out but Denon will only play an analog signal to Zone 1 and Zone 2. It will not play a ditigal signal to the other zones. Only the 5800(?) will do that. If you can get an analog signal to the second zone you should be fine.

lpcalcaterra

• Recent member
Re: Media Center/ 2 Zones/ Denon-3806
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 08:33:35 pm »

Denon can only handle one digital input at a time. Solution would be analog out to one of the zones. That is the way I got it to work with my Denon 3803.

Pages: [1]   Go Up