INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Fields  (Read 1033 times)

jaylogs

• nothing more to say...
Custom Fields
« on: June 16, 2003, 11:17:11 pm »

Ok, I have read through all these posts until my eyes are falling out.  I have read FAQ's and downloaded the latest verion of MJ (ver 8.0.399 as of this writing)People are talking about editing custom fields and customizing this and changing that, but nowhere have I found that describes HOW DO I DO ALL THIS? Is there a plug in?? Somewhere in the program? And is this all in Visual basic that the commands are being used? What syntax do I use and where can I get a reference list? I am Getting really frustrated here.  Please, I implore somebody to help me out...thank you!

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Custom Fields
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 11:37:40 pm »

It's been awhile since I used MJ8, but in MC9 it's in Tools/Options/Tree & View Settings.

Rob

jaylogs

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 07:06:15 am »

Thank you for replying so soon!! I checked it out on MJ8, and I do see an option of renaming the custom field, but I guess what I was getting at is people are doing all kinds of things with custom fields, and simply renaming it doesn't get it to do what I want it to. How do I actually edit the parameters of a custom field.  What I want to do is get my music file dates off of the file itself and I can sort my listings that way.  The "Date" field on MJ8 only uses the date of import, I want the ability to see the newest music first.  Any help on this would be appreciated...thanks!

Jay

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2003, 08:40:42 am »

Sorry, but I just don't recall what options are there for custom fields in MJ8. MJ8s use of custom fields is fairly limited. There are many more options for using, creating, editing custom fields in MC9. Also, I think MJ8/MC9.0 don't really have a lot of ability for sorting when it comes to using dates. I believe the new MC9.1 beta has/will have many more date-related options.

What I want to do is get my music file dates off of the file itself and I can sort my listings that way.

When you say date, do you mean the date the file was created or just the release year of the album? The problem is that for the Date Created, Date Imported and Date Modified fields, MJ8/MC9.0 stores the date and the time (06/05/2003 5:00 PM). So there is no way to sort just using the date.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up