INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More image stuff ~ sorting this time :)  (Read 1489 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
More image stuff ~ sorting this time :)
« on: July 03, 2006, 11:33:54 am »

Another program I've used recently provides a sorting option that for me, is genius.

Leaving aside the fact that it allows for quickly toggling between listing "newest first" and "oldest first", If I had to make a choice, I'd take MC's "newest first" as default...

Now, that unnamed software has an option that goes something like...

When sorting newest first, sort oldest first within days.

The result is, that after importing yesterdays photos, MC would list all photos by date and yesterdays would be on top of the list, but the last photo taken yesterday would be at the top.
Sorting oldest first within days would mean that for each day, the photos would be listed in the order they were actually taken, rather than in reverse.
It would be nice if MC12 could do this.
possible? probable? what do you think?

-marko.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Re: More image stuff ~ sorting this time :)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 01:31:06 am »

Oooh! That would save lots of arranging time on travelogues.

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: More image stuff ~ sorting this time :)
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 02:35:48 am »

It's a great idea. One well worth poaching if possible, imvho, of course.

It makes tagging, commenting etc. etc. a lot easier somehow. More intuitive and easier on the brain.

===========

I'm fed up trying to maintain two image libraries. I'm currently trialling using MC exclusively to manage my images. Blame Doof, he got me started by writing captionator!!
MC's actually doing quite well. The only area it's letting me (and itself) down badly so far is that MC cannot provide a quick way to view an image in a large preview window, with easy access to tags and next or previous images from there, without interrupting any music playback.
I could not get by without "send to.. > external > acdsee" but really wish I could.
Pages: [1]   Go Up