INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rudeo Pocket PC UPnP Control updated  (Read 1663 times)

rudeo

Rudeo Pocket PC UPnP Control updated
« on: July 03, 2006, 01:03:20 pm »

Rudeo has released a new version of Pocket PC (PDA) software for browsing media on media servers and controlling UPnP devices,
Rudeo Play & Control for UPnP (and WMP),

Our initial testing shows that it works fine with JRiver Media Center and we would like to hear any feedback on the user experience.

Rudeo Play & Control works on a Pocket PC with WiFi capabilities, with OS version 2003 or Windows Mobile 5.

More information about the product is at http://www.rudeo.com/playctrl.htm

We will issue a free activation code to those who can help test new players, by providing logs, etc. 

Some of the changes in new version include:

1. Changed to use UPnP Browse querying of content (instead of Search). Accordingly navigation has changed to use the folder/tree approach instead of lists of artists and albums.

2. Support for Radiostations. (if players supports)

3. InfraRed support has been changed to use a USB IR attachment instead of Pocket PC IR. This gives more flexibility to user's location and how they hold the device. Also increases the quality of controlling. It's currenly supporting this dongle: USB UIRT: http://usbuirt.com/ We have some sample device files for IR controlling. IR codes are stored in Pronto format (common IR format among enthusiasts).

4. Support of directional hardware keys for navigation of media on Pocket PC.

5. Easy one-touch log submission to support over internet in case if there are any issues.

if you have questions, please email support@rudeo.com

Below is the compatible USB UIRT adapter for use with Rudeo Play & Control. It connects to the main PC. (separate purchase)

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Rudeo Pocket PC UPnP Control updated
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 05:19:51 pm »

This sounds great :-)

I liked Rudeo a lot, and it was a shame that it didn't work with Media Center, and I know other people were looking for this.

For me, it's less useful now, sadly, because I gave up on using a UPnP-based player in favour of a Windows XP Media Center Edition PC.

So now, what I need is Rudeo to control the playback of JRiver Media Center on the PC itself, instead of Windows Media Player... like NetRemote does. In fact, I was thinking that the other day.

Sorry for being demanding, but it's easy to hook into JRiver Media Center, so it shouldn't be too difficult ;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up