INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Modifier: Full Albums  (Read 1411 times)

adamsp70

• World Citizen
  • Unwired for sound...
Modifier: Full Albums
« on: July 05, 2006, 07:59:44 am »

I have a smartlist which picks a song at random and then expands that into the full album for playing - everything works a treat on nearly all my music.

[media type]=[audio] [Number Plays]=<=1 ~sort=[Random] ~n=1 ~a ~sort=[Album]

However i have a folder of individual downloaded songs which i have just ordered into seperate pseudo-albums called things like "Downloaded: Pop", "Downloaded: Rock" etc.

When my smartlist picks a tune from one of the new albums it only shows that 1 track. I.e. the ~a (Modifier: Full Albums) isn't working.

If i right-click on the track and do a Locate:Album, the whole album is shown fine.

What can i do to make my pseudo albums into real albums so that my smartlist works properly?

Any ideas gratefully received....
    Paul

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Modifier: Full Albums
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 01:52:57 pm »

What can i do to make my pseudo albums into real albums so that my smartlist works properly?

try placing each album into its own exclusive directory.

adamsp70

• World Citizen
  • Unwired for sound...
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 04:22:43 am »

Thanks for the reply - i know this will work but it would mean physically moving a song every time i feel it would be better in a different pseudo-album (which happens often). This is not only a pain, but produces problems when i come to syncing my home collection with work (duplicates start ocurring).

Given the album names are unique, why do they have to be in a seperate directory? It should be possible to make it work from the same directory shouldn't it?

Thanks....

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 07:47:34 am »

I have a smartlist which picks a song at random and then expands that into the full album for playing - everything works a treat on nearly all my music.

[media type]=[audio] [Number Plays]=<=1 ~sort=[Random] ~n=1 ~a ~sort=[Album]

Why not try grabbing a full album instead of (just one song + full album modifier).  Here is what I use (minus the additional filtering)

~limit=1,-1,[Album]   ~limit=1,-1,[Album Artist (auto)]   [Album Type]=[Multiple artists /(complete/)],[Single artist /(complete/)]  -[Album]=[]

The first step grabs all songs from one identically named album.
The second step eliminates duplicate albums (you might need to populate the 'Album Artist' field with a consistent entry for each virtual album in your case to prevent issues)
The third step only grabs complete albums (you will want to leave this off)
The fourth step ignores songs with no album assigned

I had random issues with other solutions to this scenario that used the ~a modifier and the above got me what I wanted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up