INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPOD Question - album sort order  (Read 853 times)

slipknot

• Galactic Citizen
IPOD Question - album sort order
« on: July 05, 2006, 04:09:35 pm »

When listening to the albums by an artist, I like it to be in release order, not alpha order.  It's easy to do this in MediaCenter by setting the sort order.

For mp3 cd's in my car, I tell MediaCenter to add the release year to the dir name (album name) so my car sorts them right.  (I also have to prepend the track # to the track name to get the tracks in the proper order).

How can I get the albums to show up in release year order on my iPod?  I don't think MediaCenter allows me to dynamically modify the album name (to prepend the release year) for downloading to a handheld (like I can for mp3 cd burning).

The only idea I have is to go through the pain of adding the release year to the album name for ALL albums in MediaCenter in the album name tag, just so it's part of the album name so it will be in the album name in the ipod, and control the sort order for me.

Does anyone have (hopefully) a better idea?

(I never search for an album by the album name, I always go through the artist to get a list of albums, so prepending the release year to the album name wouldn't cause any issues for me, other than the work and the denormalized nature of it).
Pages: [1]   Go Up