INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volume display - Visualization Studio  (Read 2828 times)

fwhoch

• Recent member
Volume display - Visualization Studio
« on: July 06, 2006, 12:49:06 pm »

I've been playing around with the visualization studio and was wondering if there was a command to display the volume as a bar or percentage.

Also is there a text file or guide with all the text comands for visualization?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Volume display - Visualization Studio
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 06:01:51 pm »

The only real documentation is looking at what other people have done with the visualizations they've created.  Unfortunately you can't view the volume percentage from inside of a 2D visualization.  (you could from inside a track info page using javascript, but that doesn't really help)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Tab

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 03:36:38 pm »

I've been playing around with the visualization studio and was wondering if there was a command to display the volume as a bar or percentage.

A command, no. It can be done but you have to design the thing. Technical panel 8 visi contains one. The variable v in the superscope module returns instantaneous amplitude. To turn this into a user friendly value its necessary to rectify then CR filter it with a bit of simple maths. Alright, let me find it...

w=if(v,v,-v);
u=if(w-u,w,.99998*u);

This gives peak detection with exponential decay. With more work it can be made better if need be.

Real level meters cant be done with the blobscope, but they can be faked well enough to pass the 10 second viewing cycle test.

Also is there a text file or guide with all the text comands for visualization?

sorry, no. Theres no J River doc on either vis studio afaik. There was quite a long colour guide at Tabby.i8.com, but the site's gone now. I guess you'd need to get it by email.

Its been superceded with more tricks now, metacolour being my favourite, but it still contains a lot of tricks not in the bundled visis. The visis bundled with MC and MJ show some of what can be done, but a lot more can be done as well.

If you're tempted to play with the so-called 3d studio, best to check the eula first.

PS all this applies to the 2d studio, which is really a 2d & 3d studio capable of various types of 3d.

Tab

Tab

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 03:38:10 pm »

PS if this thread isnt in the forum area intended for this, its likely to be missed by those like myself that rarely read the MC section.

Tab

fwhoch

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 09:53:40 pm »

Technical panel 8 visi???

Tab

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 08:06:45 pm »

Technical panel 8 visi???

Yes its one I did with bargraph & scope a while back.

Have you got anywhere with your volume display? Got all the info you need?

Tab
Pages: [1]   Go Up