INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows Mobile 5.0  (Read 1224 times)

benvisser

• Junior Woodchuck
Windows Mobile 5.0
« on: July 12, 2006, 05:29:16 pm »

I'm considering of buying a smartphone with Windows Mobile 5.0.
Is it possible to install MC 11 on the the phone instead of windows media player?

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Windows Mobile 5.0
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 06:41:34 pm »

They don't have a mobile version of MC. But I would recommend to go ahead and get that phone though. I love my Cinglular 2125 smartphone and use it with MC copying the files to it.
Jeff

benvisser

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 08:54:27 am »

It may seem to be a little silly, but I have no experience with Smartphones.

Isn't it that what you install on the phone, looks like the same as you can see on a normal computer screen, but than much smaller?

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 02:54:38 pm »

Sort of but not really.  :) A smartphone is basically a dumbed down version of a Pocket PC like an Ipaq which is basically a dumbed down version of a desktop. How's that for an explanation? LOL

You need to buy special versions of software that will work on the smartphone or the pocket pc or the desktop. There isn't one software (at least that I know of) that will work on all, unless they have specific versions for each platform, and a lot try to do that which makes it nice. Then you can have sort of what you're thinking.

Some software that I use on all 3 platforms that look and work mostly the same and would recommend are eWallet and ListPro from Ilium Software (http://www.iliumsoft.com/). But unfortunately there isn't an MC for any platform other than desktop, although it would be nice.
Jeff

benvisser

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 03:22:44 pm »

Thanks Webman for the info.

I thought life was much more easy to have Windows ont the PC and on the phone.
No problems with software.

It looks like I made a mistake.

Buying a smartphone will throw me again in a jungle and I will be grabbed by the Software companys who will sell me more and more plug and play programs who will not work at the end.
Pages: [1]   Go Up