INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT: Yugo for beta testers? (aka 'send to > ftp' comments)  (Read 1263 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
OT: Yugo for beta testers? (aka 'send to > ftp' comments)
« on: July 13, 2006, 01:55:07 am »

My car died  :'(

The guy who had the car I wanted wasn't returning my calls.

Yesterday, I go buy another, get home at the end of the day, and there's an email in my inbox re. the car I wanted  ::)

jeezo, timing or what!! I'm considering phoning and seeing if he'll straight swap me...

All of this could so easily have been avoided had there been a "Yugo" option for beta testers. I'm really quite dissapointed  ;)

-marko.

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: OT: Yugo for beta testers? (aka 'send to ftp')
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 02:40:58 pm »

the new car

The send to > ftp/web server tool should allow us to specify a field to use as a caption, don't you think?

perhaps a different one for thumbnails and main image?

would also be neat if it could create a webpage to display the main image too. Then we could have, at very least, some previous, next and back to thumbnails buttons.

I understand it could be a potential security risk, but remembering the ftp password would also be nice. Perhaps it could be stored in an encrypted form?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: OT: Yugo for beta testers? (aka 'send to ftp')
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 04:31:54 pm »

I understand it could be a potential security risk, but remembering the ftp password would also be nice. Perhaps it could be stored in an encrypted form?

What would be the point? FTP passwords are sent in the clear anyway. :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up