INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Autosplitting recordings  (Read 996 times)

ManicLlama

• Recent member
Autosplitting recordings
« on: September 14, 2002, 03:37:41 pm »

I'm attempting to record some LPs onto my hard drive, but i'm discovering that because of the crackling and popping that goes on between tracks with all LPs, MJ is unable to recognize the division, and so as a result it cannot autosplit the tracks. Are there any plugins that would allow you to configure a level of decibels at which MJ would autosplit?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:Autosplitting recordings
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2002, 03:42:39 pm »

you can change the settings In MJ to tweek it a bit.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

ManicLlama

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2002, 03:49:21 pm »

How? I know you can in terms of time intervals, but in terms of sound levels?

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2002, 09:28:02 am »

Well, it may be difficult if there are very loud pops in the track divisions. MJ ignores very short duration pops, but longer duration ones will be taken as signal.

You can configure the decibel level that MJ uses to determine if there is a silent section, it's the "maximum gap level" setting in the recorder options dialog. You can try increasing that somewhat but if you go too high, the beginnings and endings of you tracks may get cut off if they are quiet. If the cracks and pops are loud, they'll probably be above this threshold anyway.

Another approach would be to decrease the "minimum gap between tracks" parameter. This might work if your music doesn't have silent sections in it. The default setting is 2200, but you could try lowering to 1500 or so and see if it does the trick. You could even try 1000 but in that case, you may want to enter the track durations (using the "Tracks" button on the main recorder dialog) to avoid having a split occur in the middle of a track.

Good luck,
John T.
JRiver, Inc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up