INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two easy questions..  (Read 1016 times)

kingdaddy

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Two easy questions..
« on: July 19, 2006, 05:00:55 pm »

First, is there any way to undo the “suppress The and A” command, I can t remember what its called or even where it is but I only intended for it to suppress the “The” of album titles but it did it for all songs too which is a big problem and far too many to undo manually.

Next, is there a way to change the playback level in a single album, I have a few that are recorded so low that you can barley hear them in a mix of other songs without turning up the volume considerable, and of course you know what happens when a loud song comes on next.  I thought there was a option for normalize on playback but can’t find it on the new version 11.1.183.

Thanks for any help.

CDvd

• World Citizen
Re: Two easy questions..
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 12:50:03 am »

Next, is there a way to change the playback level in a single album...

There's a "replay gain" option in the dsp/effects window (the one that appears when you click on the button next to 'repeat' and 'shuffle' buttons). Did you tried that? In order to make this work, MC needs to know about each tracks level. So you need to tell MC to analyse them (something like right clicking on the tracks, choosing Library Tools and then "Analyse Audio").

First, is there any way to undo the “suppress The and A” command, I can t remember what its called or even where it is but I only intended for it to suppress the “The” of album titles but it did it for all songs too which is a big problem and far too many to undo manually.

Don't know if I can really help here, but if you messed up your library and can't go back, you may have to restore your library from the most recent backup you have. MC 11 makes a lot of library backups and it can be very handy sometimes! So you can try something like File/Library/Restore library from backup if you have no other (simple) solution.
A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

kingdaddy

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 11:43:17 am »

Thanks, the analyze audio is where I got stuck and checking the box didn’t seem to do anything.  I wish everybody would find a consensus on terminology for all these things, I'm used to the term "Normalize" and most seem to use this.  Many tools and options in MC are confusing to me because they use odd terminology and labels that seem to be exclusive to MC, bad idea IMO.

I was hoping I didn’t have to restore my library as it always seems to affect my coverart, which is a constant PIA in keeping straight.  I cant understand why this command wouldn’t delineate the difference between album filenames and track filenames, who in their right mind wants every song title to read “Rose, The” or “Long Way Home, The”?

Thanks for your help, I’ll try the Analyze Audio tonight.

Shelly

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 11:13:04 pm »

It's likely that you moved the articles to the end of the song titles through Library Tools --> Clean File Properties --> Move articles to end.  On the left is a list of fields on which the operation can be performed.  You need to make sure that "Name" isn't enabled.  There isn't a command to move articles to the beginning of a string; that would be a welcome additon to Clean File Properties. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up