INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Extending statistics in AW  (Read 1053 times)

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Extending statistics in AW
« on: July 20, 2006, 07:32:03 am »

Currently there are 4 items in statistics in the Action Window

Overview
Artist / Album
Albums
Ratings Breakdown

if you click to the top left, you get a pull down list with the same number of items.

How about an extra option in this pulldown, that could do sub totals, depending on the columns in the currently displayed view scheme.

So if you select a view scheme with 3 panes say, Genre, Album Artist (auto), Album, then go to statistics in the AW, you see an extra item Genre/Album Artist (auto)/Album (matches the panes in the viewscheme)

This would then display in the action window the subtotals of the above columns eg.

--------------------------------------------
Genre    | AA (auto) | Album
--------------------------------------------
genre 1 |     5          |  10
genre 2 |     6          |  15

genre 1 has 5 AA(auto) which has 10 albums
genre 2 has 6 AA(auto) which has 15 albums

...and so on.

It would be helpful if the column headers (in AW) when clicked allow sorting like in PN. Now its possible to see largest & smallest depending on the column.

The idea is you could get subtotals depending on the columns set in whatever viewscheme is currently displayed.

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Extending statistics in AW
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 02:19:56 pm »

C'mon :)

Can't be the only person that thinks this would be a good idea.

I suggested the action window as i felt that would be the easiest place to put it, and it won't affect view scheme display times if calculated in real time.

The only downside is the results aren't recorded anywhere and need to be redone each time, the action window is entered. But i figure that this is the kind of data thats temporal anyway, changes as you add more to the library.
Pages: [1]   Go Up