INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need advice with Otto  (Read 1346 times)

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
Need advice with Otto
« on: July 21, 2006, 04:50:14 pm »

After a series of problems that I will try to summarize in a different post (all probably my fault, anyway), I've been forced to completely unistall and reinstall MC.12 to make it work.

Now I need some advice with Otto. I had to restore a library backup which has 35,000 misplaced songs... they were in Drive E: but they are currently in drive M: (not the same directory structure, if it matters). The moving of those files is what I think has caused me the problems that I was referring to earlier... don't know if I drove Otto nuts with that.... but MC completely freezed at startup after 5-6 seconds and did not respond for hours.

I have currently Otto disabled.  Is there any way that he could find those 35,000 songs that he thinks are in Drive E: and locate them in Drive M:? I would probably try it by enabling Otto for drives E: and M: and check the "fix broken links" thing. Would that be the correct procedure? Any other advice? "Find and replace"?

Thanks in advance

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re: Need advice with Otto
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 05:08:09 pm »

I would probably try it by enabling Otto for drives E: and M: and check the "fix broken links" thing. Would that be the correct procedure? Any other advice? "Find and replace"?

That's What I Would Do.

I Am Currently Importing 81,694 New Shows That I Have Been Collecting For The Last 6 Months It Seems To Be Working OK.

Sometimes It Seems To Freeze But It Continues, I Think It Maybe Saving A Backup When it Does That.

It Is Better (I Found) To Not Have "Audio" Selected When Importing, MC Tends To Import Faster When You Have "Start" Selected. (There Is A Big Difference When Your Importing Allot Of Files)
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 04:33:47 am »

Library now has 213749 files. Search and update took 06:41:49.

Imported 81669 new files.
Failed to import 25 files.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 09:19:20 am »

Thank you, King.

I finally opted to use the good'ole "find and replace" thing, since I was affraid that Otto could get in trouble if it found that the "E" disc is no longer available in the system. Tried first with a small batch and it went smoothly, so I finished the job that way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up