INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iRiver H340 Support  (Read 1075 times)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
iRiver H340 Support
« on: July 26, 2006, 09:08:11 am »

I am trying to get an iRiver H340 working with MC11.

MC11 didn't recognize the unit so I had to add it manually so it seems to be seeing it as a removable storage device not a portable music device.

Should MC11 recognize the iRiver H340 as a music device?  IF so any ideas why it isn't?

I can sync to the device, but the database on the device isn't created/updated. Should MC11 do this or will I have to do this manually on the device after a sync?

Cheers
Richard

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: iRiver H340 Support
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 03:38:43 pm »

I nearly bought one of those. Then I nearly went with Creative, then I chickened out and bought an ipod instead! I'm actually quite pleased with it and don't miss the radio option too much (nice as it would have been)

does any of this help?

transferring files to an iriver H340 correctly?

Are you using MC11 or 11.1?

(11.1 would appear to be your best option as it has a ton of handheld improvements over v11)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
Re: iRiver H340 Support
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 10:02:47 pm »

Yes I have an iPod myself and that works fine with MC11.1, but the H340 has been "interesting" to say the least!

I found this "Auto DB" utility from iRiver that seems to monitor and update the device database as files are sync'd from MC.  So far it's been working fine.

http://www.iriveramerica.com/support/hd/h300.aspx

Wan't listed on the international site, but was on the US site so took a bit of finding!

Richard
Pages: [1]   Go Up