INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.42  (Read 2957 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.42
« on: July 26, 2006, 05:28:42 pm »

Download:

12.0.42 (7/26/06)

1. Fixed: Playing a WMV video would cause MC to unnecessarily flag the file for a tag write.
2. Fixed: Accessing the automation SDK from an external program was not working properly when the player was not running first.
3. Fixed: Sometimes album analysis could be too ambitious, causing slowdowns during import.
4. Optimized: Improved the speed of the album analyzer. (calculated album gain, mix albums, etc.)
5. Fixed: OSD did not work for TV playback.
6. Fixed: OSD without a time limit did not work.
7. Optimized: Improved thumbnail building speed.
8. Changed: "Set Display" menu only appears for playback types where there are more than one choice.
9. Changed: Added a Tools menu (top-left icon) to "Display" Action Window.
10. Changed: Theater View does an "Open" on an item when pressing 'Enter' and play when pressing 'Space'. (right-click or use menu keyboard button to see menu)
11. Changed: Mouse wheel in Theater View always operates the list of items. (instead of using the focused section)
12. Changed: Shortcuts for forward and back weren't working in Theater View. (mouse buttons / backspace, etc.)

12.0.41 (7/24/06)

1. NEW: Thumbnail list drawing is fully thread parallelized resulting in nearly a 2x speedup on dual-core machines. (and 10-15% speedup with Hyper-threading machines)
2. Fixed: License restore could fail in some cases.
3. Changed: When a trial expires, the countdown "Continue" button is no longer shown.
4. Changed: Links that show up on thumbnails no longer clickable until they fully fade-in. (to avoid accidental clicks on selection)
5. Changed: Reworked QuickTime initialization and cleanup code.
6. New: MC can get thumbnails for certain QuickTime formatted video podcasts.
7. Changed: Thumbnail lists show tooltips. (unless they're thumbnails of groupings)
8. Changed: Tooltips do a better job of sizing to wide-screen style images.
9. Fixed: Installer would show duplicates in the file association list.
10. Fixed: Skin Manager's task bar icon wouldn't look as good as expected.
11. Fixed: In the Tag Action Window, switching pages while editing a list-type field could leave an edit control visible.

12.0.40 (7/21/06)

1. Changed: German language translation updated.
2. Changed: Digital TV signal strength is represented as a percentage for known HDTV devices, instead of absolute numbers. For unknown devices it is still represented as an absolute number.
3. Changed: Recent Playing Nows are no longer shown in handheld sync playlist list.
4. Changed: Handheld sync playlist list isn't all expanded by default.
5. Changed: Library Manager could not be shown while some background tools were working.
6. Optimized: Improved performance of thumbnail lists.

12.0.39 (7/20/06)

1. Fixed: Switching a thumbnail list to details could result in an empty list being shown.
2. Fixed: Media Center would fail to load a blank library.
3. Fixed: Browsing input plugins with Plugin Manager did not work properly.
4. Fixed: Switching between sharing plugins could cause a crash.
5. Fixed: Video thumbnail building would not build a thumbnail if a previous thumbnail had been built on basis of an image file on disk, and the local image file no longer existed.
6. NEW: Skinning engine supports custom hit boxes for certain skin items. (implement by adding a 5th image to a skin item that defines the hit area)
7. Fixed: It was possible to highlight multiple control buttons at once with the Noire skin.
8. Changed: Removed manual vs sync mode selection -- instead just pick playlists if you want syncing.

12.0.38 (7/19/06)

1. Changed: Renamed "Configure Debug Logging..." to "Logging...".
2. Changed: Removed images from installer Express / Custom selection screen.
3. Optimized: Several more startup optimizations.
4. Fixed: A few issues related to the threaded loading system.
5. Fixed: Views with stacks could be much slower to load than expected. (introduced a build or two ago)
6. Fixed: Auto import could do a UI update after external folder changes even if they didn't change anything in the library.
7. Fixed: Pressing enter on an image to go to fullscreen and then pressing enter again to return would leave the keyboard focus stranded.
8. Changed: (Experimental) Added code to clear media events queue in DirectShow thumbnail grabber and DirectShow playback tester.
9. Fixed: Library Server would miscount the number of open connections, preventing access.
10. Fixed: Streaming Quicktime media could not be played.
11. Fixed: List selection while holding shift+down arrow would unselect everything once reaching the end of the list.
12. Fixed: Visualizations could run very slowly. (introduced in build 37)

12.0.37 (7/18/06)

1. NEW: New highly threaded loading system, providing much faster program start times.
2. Fixed: "Detach Display" command could fight with other commands in the same menu.
3. Changed: Detaching the display while in Display View will bring the program back to standard view.
4. Changed: Changing display options would reattach a detached display.
5. Fixed: Using a detached display in fullscreen could cause the main application to also lock to a maximized state.
6. Changed: Updated TLB for use with VB6.
7. NEW: Revised the "Detach Display" system to work nicely with multiple detached displays from different zones. (so you can watch TV detached while browsing images in a different zone, etc.)
8. Fixed: When choosing a child of view scheme and then expanding a different media type, the tree wouldn't logically update.
9. Fixed: Media Editor transforms were not working.
10. Fixed: The CD Baby and Audio Lunchbox services weren't getting installed.
11. Fixed: HTTP Pipelining was not working for content without a length. This broke (at least) Library Server, maybe other things.
12. Changed: Updated thumbnailing engine for improved performance. (thumbnails will need to be rebuilt)
13. Fixed: HTTP Server was sending files without content length.
14. Fixed: Marquee selection in icon lists of small icons could work incorrectly.
15. Fixed: WAV input plugin got included in the build, causing WAV playback to fail.

12.0.36 (7/17/06)

1. Fixed: Thumbnails with no thumbnail text could cause a drawing crash in some cases.
2. Optimized: Substantial speed and memory improvements in lists with thumbnails. (thumbnail lists or details lists with album-icons)
3. Fixed: Importing Jpeg files added a space and comma to the places field (when there were no IPTC city state & country tags)
4. Fixed: Importing WAV files did not get duration and bitrate data.
5. Fixed: WAV files could not be converted to other types (showing "Unsupported Type").
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 12.0.42
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 07:42:46 pm »

If we have any Theater View users in the beta group, please let us know if you like or dislike the navigation model changes in this build. (essentially show menus less often)

Thanks.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 10:21:53 pm »

Matt,

I use Theater View all the time with a remote control and no mouse/keyboard, but I'm away at the moment so can't test anything.

I like the idea of <enter> doing the "open", but my only thought is that the direct Play from Theater View should work with the Play and Play/Pause button/command.  Otherwise it means another button on the remote control. (This may be <space> but without the system in front of my I'm not sure.)

As it is I'll need to add a "menu" button to bring up the drop down menu but that's find as this won't need to be accessed much.

Richard

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 12:49:14 am »

In theater view, cover art dissapears when selecting the next song to play.

Isn't it possible for Theater view that we can select a seperate visualisation/track info from the default one ?
Because on my PC screen I have a track info to fit on the screen but on my TV I would like to show another one without having to change this manually all the time.
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 01:07:08 am »

9. Changed: Added a Tools menu (top-left icon) to "Display" Action Window.

I see the tools menu but wouldn't it be nice to have the controls back we used to have like "Paste cover art", "Copy cover art", "remove cover art" etc ?

may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 02:53:46 am »

pane corruption
installed .42 this morning. MC is set to open in "Images". I go from there to 'Albums' which is a custom root scheme which contains full albums with no duplicate exclusions. I pick an album to play, and then move on to my image workshop to do a little tagging....

::) I've not been able to produce this at will, I can get close though...

This is the workshop viewscheme:

the panes are all standard list type fields except for stack and top image which are just regular standard custom fields, and rating is MC's built in field. It's path is "Workshop > image > 1. Incoming photos"

This is how my default audio 'tab' is set up...

(step 4: mt=audio -playlistid==513805622,=588413271 -g=podcast -al=[Online Radio])
and when I select it, it loads up in the [Albums] library browser view.

Going from the image viewscheme to the audio viewscheme, then clicking back causes 1st pane corruption for me every time. It's not as bad as the 1st example above, but it's there just the same...

If I squeeze the panes up to force a scrollbar, this effect goes away.
Hopefully, this will help you get close enough to fix the more random, but worse corruption I've been seeing for quite a few builds now.

Almost forgot, still using 2 views, with one completely hiding the other. Using the view that is active (and on display) when MC opens.
No expressions or expression based fields in use this time except for the thumbnail text in the image viewscheme.

-marko.

Marty3d

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 07:07:25 am »

Connected to LS via internet produces the following:
1. Double-clicking on a playlist showing a tooltip mostly just selects the playlist. The you have to wait a couple of seconds before you can try again
2. Typing in panes to, for example, get the right artist, doesn't work properly. It seems that MC could use a bit more waiting time. Almost always, when I type in KENT for instance, MC moves on to the letter E in the list (using the second letter instead of the first).

Marty3d

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 07:15:12 am »

When clicking on Playing Now, the tree item expands. Doing this on other tree nodes, it doesn't (having autocollapse/-expand disabled).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 09:00:56 am »

Marko,

I see "captionator" in that screenshot.  Is it possible there's a conflict with the plugin?

Thanks.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 01:12:02 pm »

It's possible I suppose. I never considered it before because it's set to only "run when visible" and it's not visible.

That field you see in the 1st screenshot is a list type field I made. Captionator has such a gloriously large preview window I've been playing with adding my own delimited comments to the caption field, then moving them into that captionator field and using it as a taglist. I would love to see a big preview like that with an active tag window.

I'll remove captionator entirely and see what gives....

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 01:35:52 pm »

decided to reboot before proceeding as it's been a while since I did that. Was greeted with a finalising setup dialogue that didn't go too well. I reinstalled and rebooted and got exactly the same.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 01:43:55 pm »

I just saw that too, but a restart of MC did the trick.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 01:55:01 pm »

It would. I'd imagine that as the mjp package has failed to install it won't try again. It'll be to do with this thread <---

Matt, it's the [filename (path)] rule in step 4 that's causing it.

Having removed all plugins and still seeing this, I dug a little deeper. removing the fnp= rule fixes this. ([filename (path)] or fnp, they both exhibit the same behaviour)
Pages: [1]   Go Up