INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP3 burning dramas  (Read 981 times)

Ozmusic

MP3 burning dramas
« on: September 14, 2002, 12:02:00 am »

Dear all - this may sound like a really dumb user, but I bought a portable cd/mp3 player today, and cant work out how to burn the MP3's as data files (to get the full 6-8 hours listening pleasure from the CD), and actually get the player to recognise that a disc is loaded. Can anyone help me? Do I have to use special blank discs, or are their complex encoding things to do?

Thankyou in anticipation

Fastyves

• World Citizen
  • Let me think about it !
RE:MP3 burning dramas
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2002, 01:05:49 am »

Assuming that you already have your MP3 files on your computer Hard Drive, and that you want to create a MP3 CD to be played on your portable device, use your normal burning software (Nero, EZ CD Creator or any other you have) and drag & drop your MP3 files into it, just like any other files, then burn a blank CD-R.

Burning with MediaJukebox will create a Wave CD - Audio CD that can be played on almost any CD-player.

Ozmusic

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2002, 01:55:22 am »

Thanks Fastyves = that much I can handle. But two options are presented to me: 1. audio CD of max 80 minutes duration, 2. data CD of max 700 meg. I want the data option to get 6-8 hours of audio out of the CD, but can't seem to get that to work. I use Roxio and/or MJ. Any advice?

sekim

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2002, 02:28:42 am »

MJ does this with ease. You have to either send an Artist or playlist to the burner.

Example:

Right click and select all in the playlist. Right click again and it will show Send To... Choose Device and a slide out menu will be presented with your options. Burner in this case. Next pick Burn CD from the toolbar button.

Your second question...

The best way to get maximum info on the data disk is when using the Generic driver from Options.

Note: MJ has a built in overhead for closing and writing info to disk. 25MB. Take this into account when sending data to the burner. The best way to prevent from going over the limit is with a Smartlist (see help file) that limits the size to 625MB for 650MB disks, and 675MB for 700MB disks. You still end up with a data disk that will yield over 6 hours of music depending on the Bitrate of the mp3s. The higher the bitrate the less you can pack onto a disk.

Example of Smartlist:

In Playlist, right click and create new Smartlist. Name it if you wish. The window on the right (above listings) has a button with three '...' Click on that and Add Keyword > size=. For a random selection of files, type this in the Search after size=. ~625/675 (DEPENDING ON THE SIZE OF THE DISK). It should look like this:

size=~675  

This will result in a random selection of files No Greater than 675MB. You can refresh the list simply by going to something else and back to the smartlist until it has an arrangment you like. Once it has what you want, do the right click select all send to burner trick. If you check out the help file you will find info on many more ways for this kind of thing.

Ozmusic

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2002, 03:35:36 am »

Thanks Machine Head - will try this out asap. Regards

Fastyves

• World Citizen
  • Let me think about it !
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2002, 03:51:01 pm »

Thanks MachineHead, always something to learn about MJ !

Yves.  
Listening to: 'What A Wonderful World' from 'Good Morning Vietnam' by 'Louis Armstrong' on Media Jukebox

sekim

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2002, 04:20:09 am »

Sorry, I have a correction on this:

Should look like this-

~s=625/675

Was trying to do it from memory. That needs some work too!

Hope you went and checked the help file instead of pounding your forehead on the wall.

JohnT

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2002, 08:54:40 am »

MJ will warn you if you are over the limit for the amount of data that will fit on your disk. It takes the overhead into account when calculating this. This assumes that you have told MJ what size disk you have (74 minute or 80 minute).

- John T.

sekim

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2002, 02:56:11 pm »

>>> MJ will warn you if you are over the limit for the amount of data that will fit on your disk. It takes the overhead into account when calculating this. <<<

Sure it will. But not if you are making up a playlist/smartlist that hasn't been sent to the burner yet. This way you don't have to append the playlist if it was over the limit. You may come up with a list that is a little under, but never over.
Pages: [1]   Go Up