INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD library  (Read 1001 times)

EasyEd

CD library
« on: September 13, 2002, 05:56:51 pm »

I'm still new to MJ, I just purchased it last week.  I can see that its really great for handling MP3 files.  But, one of the main things that attracted me is the ability to manage both a collection of CDs as well as MP3 files.

I currently manage my CD with an locally generated database on my PC, which I use to generate another copy for my PDA, so when I'm hunting for CDs to add to my collection, I know what I own as well as what I want.  Some question:

1 How would I generate a listing of just the CD titles sorted by Artist. I tried using the Print command, but it generated a lengthy listing of all the song titles.

2. If I catagorize each CD by genre, how do I get a listing of CD Album names sorted by genre and artist

3 The only way that make sense to me for filing the actual CD is by Last Name (or group name, omitting "The").  How do I do this in MJ.

4. It appears that the CD portion of the media library is independent of the MP3 section, so how do I make sure that the artist name in the CD section is assigned to the same genre and the same artist name in the MP3 section.

5 Once I've ripped a CD will it appear in both the MP3 section and the CD section?

I'd appeciate any guidance.

Thanks

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:CD library
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2002, 06:51:50 pm »

You might take a look at the File/Export options.  You first select what you want and then you use export.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Woodman

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2002, 07:29:40 pm »

suggestion; RIP EM !

Galley

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2002, 07:58:39 pm »

You may want to check out AudioList Plus.  It has a desktop companion, and a PalmOS version.

sekim

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2002, 01:48:36 am »

EasyEd,

1) Try selecting Media Library then File > Statistics. There is a drop dowm menu where you will find Artist / Album list. It is printable or you can copy /paste it into another app.

2) Create a Smartlist from the Playlist area of the left window. Lots of info in help about this, and also one of its (MJ) best features. There is a section on search modifiers in help.

3) Select the Artist > Right Click > Properties. Rename as you see fit and save. Note, make sure all are selected in the properties (left side) window or the change will only be reflected to whatever is selected.

4) Actually, the mp3 is based on the info from the (ripped / copied) cd. Again, you can right click and change any info you want thru properties.

5) Yes it should. Unless you have a specific 'View Scheme' that doesn't show one or the other. If you right click on Media Library you can set up a view scheme any way you want. Fun to play with because of all the goofy things you can create.

Does this help?
Pages: [1]   Go Up