INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transfer to IPOD  (Read 1817 times)

noshali

• Recent member
Transfer to IPOD
« on: July 31, 2006, 09:53:16 am »

I tried and following and need feedback.

I have files in FLAC and I transferred over the files to the IPOD by converting them to MP3 320 KBPS. The level of volume on the ipod is so low that I can barely hear the music even when the volume on the ipod is all the way up.

I also tried using WMA lossless to MP3 and the same results except for it was slightly better.

I then ripped a CD in MP3 and the transfer was WAY better.

I would prefer to keep the files on the PC in a lossless format but also want to enjoy the smooth transfer to IPOD at a good quality. What can I do to improve this???

The other issue I have is the coverart is all over the place in the IPOD. My George Michael has Nelly Furtado's coverart. Some songs in certain albums do not have cover art....even though all is well in the media center.

Thanks & Regards,

noshali

• Recent member
Re: Transfer to IPOD
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 07:35:29 am »

Anyone???

SwellGuy

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 01:11:39 pm »

We're looking into the volume level and the cover art scatter problems and we'll keep you posted.

Have you tried APE for a lossless format?

noshali

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 07:43:41 am »

No...I have not. I will give that a try but I am doing most of my music in WMA due to the simple reason the format can be easily played by alomost all the media players.

regards,

noshali

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 11:22:25 am »

Ok here is another one.

When one is playing the song in ipod, one can press the center button and get to the cover art.

The cover art shows on the screen when next to song detials but when the center button is pressed all cover art is BLANK on the screen where it show only the cover art.

regards,

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 06:27:07 pm »

When was the last time you updated the firmware on your iPod?  If the answer is 'never' or 'not in a long time', then you might want to check to see if there is newer firmware available. 

If the cover art is hosed, the only way to fix it is to re-send all the songs to the iPod anyway.  Might be a good time to update firmware (if needed) and use the iPod updater tool to wipe it and set it back to factory default settings.

noshali

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 01:51:08 pm »

Hi,

Back again and now proud owner of Media Center 12.

Here is my problem:
I ripped Mp3s in JRiver using LAME and sent them to my ipod. The volume level was very low...same issue as before. I then ripped the same CD with WMP and imported it into MC and sent it to my ipod and guess what the level of the volume was excellent. I did not hav eto turn it up much to really hear it well compared to the rip with MC where even at full volume I wanted to listen to it louder.

I want MC to be my one and only media player and I hate using 2 apps to accomplish such a basic task.

regards,
Pages: [1]   Go Up