INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 13 hours converting to MP3 for transfer to iPOD, failed at 99%, where the files?  (Read 1264 times)

Health Nut

• World Citizen

Hi,

I just took 13 hours to transfer my APE files in my library to MP3 for iPOD transfer.  All of my songs are originally from CD's I own, so nothing tricky here.  I had selected the option to convert 4 at a time.  Looks like 3 stopped several hours in, and hung, but one of the four continued working to completion, however when that one stopped at the end of the list, many hours later, the overall completion remained at 99% and I had no choice but to hit cancel... I cannot find the 13 hours worth of work anywhere...  It says converting, then uploading, then complete... so what happened to the 99% of the songs that took 13 hours to get to complete?  Where did those go?  I have the original APE files, but what haapened to the converted and uploaded files?  they must have uploaded to the iPOD, so why don't they show up?  What the heck was it doing using 100% of my CPU power for 13 hours with nothing to show for?

slipknot

• Galactic Citizen

The latest version 11.1.190 addresses that issue, so lets hope you're not running the latest version and that an upgrade will fix it.

I *used* to have that problem with my ipod and I started synching in small batches to avoid wasting computing time (and a day without music at the office...).

Health Nut

• World Citizen

Do I have a huge temp file or something?  Where was it uploading to?  Strange...  All that work...  it must have uploaded becausue it said uploading after each conversion... doesn;t make sense no files are there...

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird

I don't have an iPod so I cannot verify this, but I think the files are already in your iPod. Most likely your iPod database is just not properly synchronized with the files. An iPod relies entirely on its database. As far as I know, it does not check the physical files or file tags.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up