INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Otto and mp3gain?  (Read 1911 times)

Marty3d

• Citizen of the Universe
Otto and mp3gain?
« on: August 01, 2006, 08:25:32 am »

Just a thought: What happens when Otto analyzes files nowadays? My standard procedure has always been the following:
1. Fix basic tags with external program
2. Set Replay Gain with MP3Gain (old habit from the days when MC didn't do Album Gain)
3. Import to MC

Does Otto overwrite the info stored by MP3Gain? Or does MC ignore the gain set by MP3Gain (remembering that MC's values are different than MP3Gain) and use only its own setting? Remember that I've never used MCs own analyzing. I tried though, but I didn't like the volume differences between MC and MP3Gain.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Otto and mp3gain?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 08:43:59 am »

Otto doesn't do audio analysis.

Also, MC's replay gain is only applied when enabled in DSP Studio.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 09:38:50 am »

Just a thought: What happens when Otto analyzes files nowadays? My standard procedure has always been the following:
1. Fix basic tags with external program
2. Set Replay Gain with MP3Gain (old habit from the days when MC didn't do Album Gain)
3. Import to MC

Does Otto overwrite the info stored by MP3Gain? Or does MC ignore the gain set by MP3Gain (remembering that MC's values are different than MP3Gain) and use only its own setting? Remember that I've never used MCs own analyzing. I tried though, but I didn't like the volume differences between MC and MP3Gain.

MC does not read, use or owerwrite the tags Mp3gain writes in APE format. If you have allowed Mp3gain to apply the volume changes to the files then MC will play the files according to the changed volume like any other HW or SW player would do.

For getting advantage of MC's playback replay gain DSP options you can reanalyze the files with MC. MC would then measure your already "album Mp3gained" tracks and create new ID3v2 replay gain tags (these are proprietary comments). That would make possible to occasionally use track replay gain on playback.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Marty3d

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 12:07:37 pm »

Ah ok! I thought Otto did audio analyzing (thought I saw that in another thread).

Thanks!

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 06:15:21 pm »

Ah ok! I thought Otto did audio analyzing (thought I saw that in another thread).

Thanks!

You did, but it was feature request!

Thats why they say witnesses always believe what they saw at the scene of the crime even though what they saw didn't actually happen.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

jgreen

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 06:21:36 pm »

I saw Otto running from the bank with a bag full of cash.
Pages: [1]   Go Up