INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another MC12 Question  (Read 1690 times)

stirfry

• Recent member
Another MC12 Question
« on: August 12, 2006, 04:18:31 pm »

Hi Alex / JimH + J River Crew,

I know this is probably a question about how long is a piece of string (twice as long as its middle to its end).  Its just I've had to rebuild my machine, and saw that MC12 was available so did not restore a license.  Do you have a release plan for MC12, as not sure to wait or to restore a license?

Also I think a lot of forum members would like to know as well, from experience of MC11 this was about a month and half.  Are you expecting the same time period on MC12?

Thanks for great production of a great product that continues at an outstanding rate.  If you compare your product to most, version upgrades take 2 years, to have major functionality being added every 6 months i.e. UPNP, latest MP3 codecs, latest handheld / mobile device capabilities including ipods... is outstanding.

Thanks and any information of product plan for MC12 I think would be grateful to all your less that 50 posts users.

Regards

Stirfry

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Another MC12 Question
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 05:24:15 pm »

It's hard to say.  Maybe two months?

stirfry

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 03:09:39 am »

JimH,

Thanks for the prompt reply, will await the beta release.

Regards

Stirfry

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 08:16:39 am »

Its just I've had to rebuild my machine, and saw that MC12 was available so did not restore a license.  Do you have a release plan for MC12, as not sure to wait or to restore a license?

Just thought I'd mention.... "Restoring" doesn't cost anything and you get 10 of them per year on a rolling basis (meaning the restore you did on August 14, 2005 drops off today, and ticks your remaining count 1 higher).  In the unlikely event that you happen to legitimately run out of restores (I have 5 machines with copies of MC installed and I nuke/pave them regularly and I've never run out), just post here and (assuming you aren't giving it away to all your friends and family or the net at large) they'll usually help out.

No need to fear, just restore your MC11 license (which you'll need to have installed to get the eventual MC12 upgrade pricing anyway) and wait for the MC12 goodness to arrive!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up